PDA

View Full Version : Bill Clinton contradicts Hillary on email claims

Teh One Who Knocks
06-11-2015, 10:32 AM
FOX News

http://i.imgur.com/7CoPYjG.jpg

Bill Clinton appeared Wednesday to contradict his wife's claims about their personal email use, saying he's only sent two emails in his life -- despite Hillary Clinton saying some of the private messages on her personal server were from her and her husband.

The former president addressed his very sparing email use at a Clinton Global Initiative meeting in Denver.

He said the "only time" he got on the Internet was to do "two emails" and order Christmas presents.

"Otherwise I found people said embarrassing things on emails. I didn't want to be one of them," Clinton said, to laughter.

The statement echoes what a spokesman told the Wall Street Journal in March -- that the ex-president had only sent two emails in his life, one to U.S. troops and the other to astronaut John Glenn.

Yet, when Hillary Clinton held a press conference in March explaining her personal email use, she said her private server "contains personal communications from my husband and me."

The now-Democratic presidential candidate gave this detail in asserting that she would not turn over her personal server for examination -- as Republican lawmakers have requested.

Her office, though, has turned over thousands of pages of emails to the State Department, which has started to release some of them.