PDA

View Full Version : Massachusetts Mother Charged With Second Rape of a Minor

Teh One Who Knocks
06-11-2015, 11:16 AM
By Emily Smith - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/Lx8KFYr.jpg

Massachusetts mother Heather Salines was about to go on trial for raping a 15-year-old boy when the boy’s brother claimed that he had also been raped by Salines.

Salines, 39, was arrested in March 2014 after raping her daughter’s on-and-off again boyfriend. The boy, 14, apparently revealed nude pictures of Salines to his classmates, which is when school officials discovered what had happened.

After being arrested, Salines admitted to the charge and noted that she had “spiraled out of control.” Salines had paid her $7,500 bail and lived a year out of prison when she was set to go to trial. Just 10 days before the trial, the victim’s twin brother claimed that Salines had raped him too.

On Tuesday, Salines pleaded not guilty to the latest charge.

“My client was ready to take responsibility for the first set of indictments,” William Korman, Salines’ attorney, said. “We completely, uncategorically deny that anything happened with the second child.”

Korman added that he questions the timing of the claim, since Salines was prepared to take on a “substantial” guilty plea.

“As far as we are aware there is absolutely no forensic evidence linking my client to anything involving the recently disclosed victim in any way, shape or form,” Korman said.

According to prosecutors, Salines reportedly raped the twin boy one month before she raped her daughter’s boyfriend.

Salines argued that her daughter’s boyfriend was in a vulnerable position when she committed the crime, since his mother had recently died. The boy had allegedly come to see Salines as a mother figure.

For the first case, Salines was charged with six counts of aggravated rape and abuse of a child, as well as a charge of child enticement and disseminating obscene material to a child. Each aggravated rape charge carries a 10-year mandatory prison sentence.

The trial is set to begin on August 17.

RBP
06-11-2015, 11:30 AM
The language here is sunning in comparison. Maybe we have started to turn the corner on treating these cases the same as the men. Maybe.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-11-2015, 02:16 PM
:lol:

deebakes
06-11-2015, 11:10 PM
she's been framed :hand: