PDA

View Full Version : UK Water Park Bans Bikinis For Women-Only Event

Teh One Who Knocks
06-20-2015, 11:15 AM
By Amanda Andrade-Rhoades - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/Yq0OPC8.jpg

WaterWorld, a water park in Stoke-on-Trent, England, is putting on a special event for women who usually can’t enjoy the park due to religious restrictions.

"Sisters Only Funday” will be held Aug. 9. The women-only event asks that all guests wear “Islamically appropriate” attire, such as full-length jogging pants and a dark T-shirt. The park plans to provide all-female lifeguards and will guard the gates to ensure men don’t enter the grounds. Windows will also be blacked out for privacy.

The event has, predictably, drawn criticism. The English Defence League, a right-wing protest group, said it will hold a demonstration outside of the water park, the International Business Times reported.

WaterWorld owner Mo Chaudry told the Daily Express that the criticism is unwarranted. "I'm astonished that we have been targeted,” he said. “We feel we've been victimized for offering something that we feel there is a demand for.”

Conservative Member of Parliament Philip Hollobone said: "I imagine there would be a lot of outrage if the boot was on the other foot and swimmers were told they had to dress appropriately in respect of Christians. I don’t see how this is different.”

Still, WaterWorld defended the event. A spokesman told Breitbart London, "We pride ourselves in having the adaptability and diversity to cater to demands of our guests.

"This is a female-only event and is not specific to any ethnic or religious group."​

deebakes
06-20-2015, 04:35 PM
:uwank:

Goofy
06-20-2015, 05:00 PM
Windows will also be blacked out for privacy.

DGX has Linux :thumbsup: