PDA

View Full Version : 3 dead, 21 wounded in Chicago weekend shootings

Teh One Who Knocks
06-29-2015, 03:07 PM
By Quinn Ford - Chicago Tribune

http://i.imgur.com/NgisVUP.jpg

Three people were killed and at least 21 others were wounded in shootings across the city over the weekend.

That pushed the city homicide total for 2015 to at least 213 and the shooting total to at least 1,255, according to a Chicago Tribune database of city shootings. Both of those surpass yearly totals for similar timespans in 2013 and 2014, according to an analysis of that database.

There were 192 homicides in 2013 and 187 in 2014 through June 29; there were 1,035 shootings in 2013 and 1,104 in 2014.

The most recent fatal shooting happened Sunday afternoon in the Fernwood neighborhood on the city's South Side.

Police said a 21-year-old man was walking in the 9900 block of South State Street when someone inside a passing vehicle fired shots, hitting the 21-year-old in the head.

The man was pronounced dead at the scene. He had not been identified as of Monday morning, and police said no one was in custody in connection with the shooting.

Another 21-year-old man was killed Saturday evening in the Grand Crossing neighborhood.

About 7 p.m. Saturday, Eric Turner was standing outside his home in the 7300 block of South Dorchester Avenue when a person approached him, pulled out a gun and shot him in the chest, police said. Turner was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 7:43 p.m., according to police and the Cook County medical examiner's office.

Hours earlier, a 32-year-old man was killed in a shooting in the Back of the Yards neighborhood.

The man, later identifed as Joaquin Rocha, was a passenger in a vehicle in the 4500 block of South Hermitage Avenue when someone in a passing SUV fired shots, according to police and the Cook County medical examiner's office.

Rocha, of the 4700 block of South Springfield Avenue, was driven to the University of Illinois Medical Center where he was pronounced dead just after 4 a.m., according to the medical examiner's office.

From 3 p.m. Friday through 6 a.m. Monday, at least 21 other people were wounded by gunfire, according to police.

Also over the weekend, a 25-year-old man was fatally stabbed in Logan Square early Monday morning.

The man got into an argument with a neighbor in the backyard of a home in the 1900 block of North Rockwell Street about 3:03 a.m. Monday when he was stabbed in his chest, police said. The 25-year-old was taken to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center where he was later pronounced dead. Police said a man was in custody as of Monday morning and charges against him were pending.

Goofy
06-29-2015, 03:14 PM
Grade = B-

Could do better with a bit more effort.

:lol:

I just found out yesterday that one of my mate's is living in Chicago :shock: I wonder if RBP has seen him yet........ he'll be wearing a kilt and Scotland footy shirt most of the time :lol:

Pony
06-29-2015, 04:36 PM
They should ban guns.

perrhaps
06-30-2015, 12:09 AM
RBP: Do they fly a lot of Confederate flags in Chicago?

RBP
06-30-2015, 01:49 AM
Grade = B-

Could do better with a bit more effort.

:lol:

I just found out yesterday that one of my mate's is living in Chicago :shock: I wonder if RBP has seen him yet........ he'll be wearing a kilt and Scotland footy shirt most of the time :lol:

He was on camera at the gay pride parade! or maybe that was just a guy in a skirt. :-k

If you find out what neighborhood/town, let me know. People say they live "in Chicago" but that could be anywhere in a 30 miles radius. :lol:

RBP: Do they fly a lot of Confederate flags in Chicago?

Not that I have seen, no.