PDA

View Full Version : Hotel horror: Woman killed after argument over drug use, deputies say

Teh One Who Knocks
07-01-2015, 11:20 AM
By Mike Clary - Sun Sentinel

http://i.imgur.com/sVAbnkC.jpg

After dialing 911, Reginald Kindle reportedly told the operator he had "done something bad."

Asked what he had done, the 52-year-old said, "I killed my girlfriend," according to the Broward Sheriff's Office. He went on to say that he had choked her to death.

According to an arrest report released Monday by the sheriff's office, responding deputies entered room 104 of the Rashelle Hotel after the 6:19 a.m. Sunday phone call and found the body of a woman concealed under a pile of clothing. She was bound at the wrists and ankles with belts "in a manner that would prevent her from being able to flee or defend herself," deputies said.

Based on statements Kindle made to first responders, the woman, in her 50s, may have been dead for 24 hours or more before he called 911, investigators said.

The woman's name has not be released until relatives are notified, authorities said.

Kindle has been charged with premeditated first-degree murder. He is tentatively scheduled to have a first-appearance court hearing on Tuesday afternoon.

Kindle told investigators that he and the woman had been arguing about his drug use and that he choked her with his hands until she died. After reporting the homicide, Kindle also told the dispatcher that he had taken a large amount of pills and had cut himself in a failed suicide attempt.

He was given medical treatment, deputies said.

Kindle and his girlfriend had been staying at the Rashelle Hotel for about a month, deputies said.

The Rashelle Hotel is at 825 NW 27th Ave., southwest of Interstate 95 and Sunrise Boulevard in suburban Fort Lauderdale.

Motel resident Tanya Williams, pushing a toddler in a stroller Sunday morning, watched from a distance as homicide and crime scene detectives continued their investigation Sunday morning. "I knew her; she was a quiet woman," said Williams, 33.

Williams said she heard no noise or commotion early Sunday prior to the call to police.

The Rashelle Hotel rents rooms daily or weekly, according to its sign. Weekly rates range from $200 to $250, Williams said.

Kindle has served more than 15 years in prison after being convicted of various crimes, including attempted second-degree murder, robbery and trafficking in stolen property, according to Department of Corrections records. All of the offenses are out of Sarasota County.

He was last released from jail in April 2011.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-01-2015, 05:05 PM
Doesn't sounds like he has a drug problem