PDA

View Full Version : Cops: Parents Forced Teen Daughter to Live in Woods for Eating Pop-Tart

Teh One Who Knocks
07-07-2015, 11:30 AM
Hudson Hongo - Gawker

http://i.imgur.com/oGm8c4S.jpg

A South Carolina couple was arrested on Friday after allegedly making their 14-year-old daughter live in a tent in the woods as punishment for eating a Pop-Tart without permission, the Associated Press reports.

Police say James Allen Driggers, 33, and Crystal Lynn Driggers, 36, sent the teen to camp in a forested area “known to have wild hogs” for a week with only a roll of toilet paper, a flashlight, a whistle and a watch. From The Item:

They allegedly told the child if she wanted food she had to meet at specific times by a fence to receive it, otherwise she wouldn’t eat.

And, when severe thunderstorms rolled through the Sumter-area Thursday night, the child was left to fend for herself in the woods.

The reason behind doing this, according to a release from the Sumter County Sheriff’s Office, is the parents wanted to punish their daughter for eating a Pop-Tart toaster pastry.

Authorities reportedly found the teen Friday night, two days into her weeklong punishment.

The Driggers now each face one count of unlawful neglect of a child.

DemonGeminiX
07-07-2015, 11:35 AM
I'd be like that with pizza if I had kids. I'm glad I don't have kids. I'd so be in jail. 8-[

Muddy
07-07-2015, 01:28 PM
South Carolina is getting as crazy as Florida..