PDA

View Full Version : SLIPKNOT's COREY TAYLOR To KANYE WEST: 'You Are Not The Greatest Living Rock Star'

PorkChopSandwiches
07-08-2015, 04:41 PM
http://i.imgur.com/rK0vxwD.jpg

SLIPKNOT and STONE SOUR frontman Corey Taylor has slammed rapper Kanye West for claiming to be "the greatest living rock star on the planet."

Admittedly not known for his modesty, West told attendees at last month's Glastonbury festival in England that they were witnessing something special. "You're watching the greatest living rock star on the planet!" Kanye said during his performance.

Taylor, who headlined England's Download festival in June with SLIPKNOT, took issue with West's claim, recording a video message for Kanye during a visit to the Music Choice studios in New York City. Corey said (see video below): "Kanye, you are not — not — the greatest living rock star of all time. The fact that you had to tell people that kind of says it all. You remind of the guy who brags about pussy. They never get as much as they brag about. Stop it. [Slaps wrist] Stop it!"

West had previously compared himself to visionaries in the fields of art, fashion, technology, sports and business.

During a 2013 concert in Paris, the outspoken rapper called himself Picasso, Steve Jobs, Walt Disney and Basquiat.

In an interview with U.K.'s Sunday Times, Kanye defended his comments. He said: "For all haters, I'm not saying I'm Da Vinci, but I feel it's right for any human being to compare themselves to anything.

"People get really uptight about my comparisons, but I'm an extreme speaker, and I speak through comparisons."

Taylor's new book, "You're Making Me Hate You", is being released today (July 7) via Da Capo Press, a member of the Perseus Books Group.

Taylor is promoting the book with a combination of bookstore events and a solo tour which are one-of-a-kind shows featuring readings from the book, acoustic performance, and audience discussion.

Corey's last book, "A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Heaven", was published in the summer of 2013 and landed at No. 23 on the New York Times "Hardcover Non-Fiction" best sellers list.

His first book, 2011's "Seven Deadly Sins: Settling The Argument Between Born Bad And Damaged Good", also made the list at No. 26.

Goofy
07-08-2015, 05:19 PM
State the fucking obvious why don't you Corey :tup: I like Stoned Sour but Slipknot....... no thanks

Hal-9000
07-08-2015, 05:36 PM
Greatest living rock star right here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usys7XUTtQE

PorkChopSandwiches
07-08-2015, 05:42 PM
State the fucking obvious why don't you Corey :tup: I like Stoned Sour but Slipknot....... no thanks

I love Slipknot, stone sour was more mellow, but I liked it as well

Hal-9000
07-08-2015, 05:52 PM
Stone Sour did that broken glass song, correct?

ffs I can just find it and post brb :lol:

Hal-9000
07-08-2015, 05:55 PM
Through Glass....there's more going on in this tune than 100 of Kanye's thingys..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIzDsGyxsQM

PorkChopSandwiches
07-08-2015, 07:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-pXD0FXLQ8

DemonGeminiX
07-08-2015, 07:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TVs02I6jEA

PorkChopSandwiches
07-08-2015, 07:59 PM
Thats a good one

beowulf
07-09-2015, 08:15 PM
if you look up 'cunt' in the Oxford English Dictionary the definition is 'kanye west'

if you look up 'kanye west' the definition is 'cunt'

i actually think hes become a bigger cunt than Bono

PorkChopSandwiches
07-09-2015, 08:27 PM
if you look up 'cunt' in the Oxford English Dictionary the definition is 'kanye west'

Its close, but he does win

Goofy
07-09-2015, 09:37 PM

Its close, but he does win

I dunno....... Bono's probably a lesser cunt but he has been a cunt for a far longer period :-k Tortoise vs Hare right there!

PorkChopSandwiches
07-10-2015, 03:25 PM
:lol:

Hikari Kisugi
07-10-2015, 06:47 PM
I dunno....... Bono's probably a lesser cunt but he has been a cunt for a far longer period :-k Tortoise vs Hare right there!

Quite possibly, but most of Bono's cuntery has been aimed in a good cause direction, sometimes misguided.
Kanye has just went the full cunt, Black Robert Downey Jr. reminded us, 'you never go full cunt' yet Cunt Kanye went straight there, and still totally cunts up the place, there is more cunt than a playboy mansion super extra cunt series.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-11-2015, 12:51 AM
:rofl:

Hal-9000
07-11-2015, 09:10 PM
:hand:

Bono has done some great things for charities, a damn sight more than most 'rock stars.' And I've seen him play live with U2, it was a great concert.

so on that scale it goes Kanye> Beo> 7 billion other people > Bono :)

Hugh_Janus
07-12-2015, 10:03 AM
Shut up, corey, kanye's class :hand:

Goofy
07-12-2015, 10:28 AM
:hand:

Bono has done some great things for charities, a damn sight more than most 'rock stars.' And I've seen him play live with U2, it was a great concert.

so on that scale it goes Kanye> Beo> 7 billion other people > Bono :)

Nah, i'm not having that :hand: If the multi-millionaire Bono got together with all his multi-millionaire arsehole pals then they could wipe out world hunger by donating half their fortunes instead of begging money from us regular folk. Fuck him.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-12-2015, 03:26 PM
Bono is a douche