PDA

View Full Version : Man Bites of 20% of Woman's Ear

Southern Belle
06-04-2011, 10:07 AM
WILLIAMSTON, S.C. -- Police say a fight over money turned physical for a couple in Williamston, when they say a man bit off a portion of his girlfriend’s ear.

Tony Ellison, 50, has been charged with first-degree assault and battery.

Ellison’s girlfriend, Yolanda Smith, is now recovering. Police said about 20 percent of Smith’s ear was taken off.

“I'm glad that's all he got. He had over half my ear in his mouth trying to bite it off," said Smith. “You're good to someone, and you can't understand why someone wants to be that mean."

Smith said the fight started near Ellison's home on West Main Street in Williamston. She said when she started screaming, it startled Ellison and that’s when she was able to get away. Smith ran to the home of her friend, Tonya Scott.

"There was blood all over her and it was just awful looking. She's crying and stuff and said, 'He's trying to bite my ear off!" said Scott.

Scott said this isn’t the first time there have been altercations between Smith and Ellison.

"She's a good person. She deserves better," said Scott.

Williamston Police Capt. James Grubbs said he’s never seen an assault case like this in his 31 years in law enforcement.

"I've never seen anything this significant from a human bite," said Grubbs.

Grubbs said officers provided extra security during the bond hearing.

"(Ellison) told the judge at that time, something to the effect of, 'Yeah, he remembered (biting Smith’s ear)’, but something about his teeth falling out during that particular incident. They were not located at the scene," said Grubbs.

Smith said doctors weren’t able to do much with her ear.

News 4’s Mandy Gaither asked, “Did they find the rest of your ear?”

Smith replied, “No. I guess he either spit it out or swallowed it, one."

At last check, Ellison was still in jail, so News 4 wasn’t able to reach him for comment.

AntZ
06-04-2011, 10:39 AM
This gives new meaning to the saying, "Lend me your ear"! :huh:

deebakes
06-04-2011, 02:12 PM
http://www.buffalorising.com/assets_c/2009/01/mike_tyson_bite_ear_icheehuahua-thumb-298x298-412.jpg

Softdreamer
06-04-2011, 02:20 PM
A friend of mine who is an engineer for a machine company got a call out from the police to go to a pub and remove an ear that had been bitten off and thrown down a pocket on a pool table...

The police said it was too late to reattach it, but it would be used as evidence
:pale:

Hal-9000
06-04-2011, 07:09 PM
You always hurt the one you love :|

Deepsepia
06-05-2011, 05:25 AM
%20 sounds very precise . . .how did they come up with that number?

wait, on second thought, I don't want to know . . .

Southern Belle
06-06-2011, 12:42 AM
:lol: