PDA

View Full Version : Black man 'treated like a dog' by Philadelphia cops, grandma says

Teh One Who Knocks
07-10-2015, 10:47 AM
By Lisa Wardle - Penn Live

Philadelphia police have opened an internal investigation of an April arrest after video shows about a dozen officers beating a black man.

The graphic video, recorded by blogger Jasmyne Cannick, was uploaded to YouTube on Wednesday. It depicts police holding down, punching and kicking 22-year-old Tyree Carroll while he screams. Officers can be heard yelling "tase the m***********" and calling Carroll a "piece of s***."

Nancy Carroll says her asthmatic grandson "was treated like a dog" during the April arrest and is concerned for his health in jail.

CBS News reports:

Carroll has been in jail since the incident and is scheduled for a hearing on July 21. His family says they only recently learned that a witness had recorded the arrest and are pleased it's gone public.

Carroll had reportedly been bicycling the wrong way down a one-way street when police say they stopped him for a drug violation. Police say he fought with officers and bit two of them. He had less than a quarter ounce of crack when police stopped him.

Carroll is charged with drug possession, assault and resisting arrest.

Disclaimer: This video includes explicit language and violence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6tSl-Ff8Qs

Pony
07-10-2015, 11:45 AM
By Lisa Wardle - Penn Live

Police say he fought with officers and bit two of them. [/B]

I think when he fights and bites cops they should just let him go. Damn racists.

DemonGeminiX
07-10-2015, 11:50 AM
:-k

I didn't realize that biking the wrong way down a one way street was a crime.