PDA

View Full Version : Revealed: The areas of England and Wales where people don't speak English

Teh One Who Knocks
07-10-2015, 11:18 AM
By Ashley Kirk, and John Bingham - The Telegraph

http://i.imgur.com/Pu2Ghgm.png

Almost a million people living in Britain can barely communicate in English, new analysis of the UK census suggests.

In some areas almost one in 10 residents admit they cannot speak English well or at all, effectively excluding them from jobs and integration in the wider community and increasing their chances of being in poor health.

The problem is heavily concentrated in a string of inner-city language black-spots in London as well as places such as Leicester.

The figures, set out in an official language map of England and Wales, will lead to warnings that large scale immigration is allowing linguistic ghettos to develop in parts of the UK despite the Government’s drive to promote so-called “British values”.

Other than English, the most common languages were Polish, Panjabi and Urdu. Over 500,000 people spoke Polish, while over a quarter of a million spoke Panjabi.

http://i.imgur.com/iqtldsT.png

Overall, the census found that around 863,000 people in England and Wales – about one in 50 of the population – admitted on the 2011 census form that they could not speak English well or at all.

But in a string of areas between 20 and 25 per cent of all families do not have anyone who regularly speaks the language while in others only the children do so.

http://i.imgur.com/ikd0Q1L.png

In most local authority areas only about one per cent of the population do not have an effective command of English but in a handful of areas the rate is about nine per cent of the population.

In Newham, east London, often cited as the UK’s most ethnically diverse area, the rate was 8.7 per cent while in the boroughs of Brent and Tower Hamlets, also in the capital, it stands at eight per cent, just ahead of Leicester where it is 7.5 per cent.

In most local authority areas only about one per cent of the population do not have an effective command of English but in a handful of areas the rate is about nine per cent of the population.

In Newham, east London, often cited as the UK’s most ethnically diverse area, the rate was 8.7 per cent while in the boroughs of Brent and Tower Hamlets, also in the capital, it stands at eight per cent, just ahead of Leicester where it is 7.5 per cent.

Goofy
07-10-2015, 11:19 AM
Theres a shock........

Pony
07-10-2015, 11:23 AM
I'm surprised it's not more Arabic.

DemonGeminiX
07-10-2015, 11:51 AM
Which one does Red live in?

:shifty:

redred
07-10-2015, 02:36 PM
A light blue bit :lol:

Muddy
07-10-2015, 04:41 PM
Red, take care of this please.. If I want to visit the motherland I dont want to deal with this shit.

Goofy
07-10-2015, 05:09 PM
Red, take care of this please.. If I want to visit the motherland I dont want to deal with this shit.

You honestly think redred can speak English? He can barely type it :-k

:banana:

Hal-9000
07-10-2015, 06:08 PM
More Gujararti than French?

:lol:

Muddy
07-11-2015, 02:44 PM
You honestly think redred can speak English? He can barely type it :-k

:banana:

Hahaha :)

perrhaps
07-11-2015, 08:08 PM
These folks have something in common with cue balls. The harder you hit them, the more English you get out of them.

Hikari Kisugi
07-11-2015, 09:31 PM
I'm surprised it's not more Arabic.

Nah it is mostly from West/Central Asia, rather than north Africa/Middle East we had historical immigration, that persists with the cousin marrying cousin policies.
France would show a very different demographic.

Hugh_Janus
07-12-2015, 10:01 AM
Notice they left scotland out... the whole place would be red as fuck :rofl:

Goofy
07-12-2015, 10:10 AM
Notice they left scotland out... the whole place would be red as fuck :rofl:

Haud yer wheesht or I’ll gie ye a skelpit lug! :x

Hugh_Janus
07-12-2015, 10:17 AM
Haud yer wheesht or I’ll gie ye a skelpit lug! :x

see... :giggle:

DemonGeminiX