PDA

View Full Version : Cops find 16 pounds of meth after confused suspect calls police to complain about other suspect

Teh One Who Knocks
07-15-2015, 10:39 AM
Anica Padilla, Lindsay Watts - 7 News Denver

http://i.imgur.com/c10ukyn.jpg

FORT MORGAN, Colo. - Police said they found 16 pounds of methamphetamine in a car, the biggest bust Fort Morgan police can recall, after one of the accused traffickers called 911 while high on drugs.

Investigators said the crystal meth is worth more than $700,000.

Police said Jonathan Potzler, 28, called 911 Saturday afternoon saying he was in the Walmart parking lot and a woman he didn't know refused to get out of his car. He also told the dispatcher he believed he was in Arizona.

When police arrived, they found Potzler and Jazmin Elguezabal, 21, who said she was Potzler's cousin. According to arrest documents, it didn't take long for the pair to confess to carrying drugs.

The packages of crystal meth investigators found resemble huge foil-wrapped breakfast burritos covered in slime. Police said grease and other agents were used on the packages to throw off drug-sniffing dogs.

"I've been with the department 28 years, and this is the biggest bust I've been involved in," said Fort Morgan Det. Todd Zwetzig.

He said he doesn't believe the pair's final destination was Fort Morgan, and that they were just stopping off from Interstate 76.

"Because of the interstate, we have mass amounts of drugs that go through all the time that we don’t know about," Zwetzig said. "Just because we don’t have the intelligence on them or we don’t have a reason to contact those persons."

Potzler and Elguezabal were both charged with multiple felonies, including unlawful possession of a controlled substance, unlawful distribution, manufacture and dispensing or sale of a controlled substance. Both are being held without bond at the Morgan County Detention Center.

Potzler declined to be interviewed Tuesday.

Fort Morgan Police are still investigating the case, and trying to determine where the drugs originated and where they were being transported.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-15-2015, 05:57 PM
:lol:

Hal-9000
07-15-2015, 06:51 PM
Hello policia? I'm really fucked up right now you better record this. Where am I? Thailand I think...

:lol: fookhead

deebakes
07-16-2015, 01:37 AM
:rofl:

RBP
07-16-2015, 02:51 AM
They are safer in prison after that.