PDA

View Full Version : Donald Trump surges in national poll

Teh One Who Knocks
07-15-2015, 10:41 AM
Jennifer Kovaleski - 7 News Denver

http://i.imgur.com/hhXjZUE.jpg

Donald Trump has surged to the top of a crowded Republican presidential field.

The latest USA TODAY/Suffolk University Poll shows trump leading by three percentage points over former Florida Governor Jeb Bush.

"Trump appears to be doing well and leading the field simply because the anti-Trump vote is split so many ways right now," said University of Denver Political Science Professor Seth Masket.

Masket says the recent polls are evidence of Trump's real strength.

"That he's really known, he's a celebrity, and a lot of the other candidates, most republicans voters still don't have much of a sense of who they are yet," he said.

Masket said Trump's celebrity status and controversial comments -- calling immigrants from Mexico drug dealers and rapists -- have helped him stand out from the pack. But it's for those reasons political analysts don't think his popularity will last.

Masket thinks Trump will fizzle after the debates.

"I'd be surprised if he's still on top long after that," he said.

Former Republican State Party Chairman Dick Wadhams agrees.

"I just don't think Republicans are going to buy off on this guy in the final analysis," Wadhams said.

Wadhams said Trump doesn't appear to care about the Republican Party.

"He cares more about himself, he cares more about frankly creating a situation that could elect Hilary Clinton president of the United States," he further explained.

A fact, Wadhams believes Republican voters will start to see.

"I'm optimistic that once we get deeper into this Republican nominating process that other candidates will come forward," Wadhams said.

Masket said it is possible the Republican Party isn't directly attacking Trump because they don't want to increase his chances of running as an independent. That's something Trump has hinted against, but not ruled out if he doesn't win the GOP nomination.

perrhaps
07-16-2015, 09:20 AM
If this doesn't work out, he could be the next Flock of Seagulls vocalist.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-16-2015, 10:37 AM
I'd vote for Trump

PorkChopSandwiches
07-16-2015, 06:33 PM
I can tell you I wont be voting for Hitlery

Jezter
07-16-2015, 07:16 PM
Bernie Sanders FTW!

Goofy
07-16-2015, 07:26 PM
Vote Pedro!