PDA

View Full Version : Texting/SMS apps?

Teh One Who Knocks
07-21-2015, 03:11 PM
Well, here's one thing I have found about the M9 that I don't like that all my Galaxy phones had...the ability to select custom SMS notifications for each person on your contact list. It was available on the default messaging app on all the Galaxys I had, but I can't find anywhere that you can do it on the M9. You can set custom ringtones on your contact list, but not SMS notifications.

Does someone know if that can be changed on the M9? And if not, can anyone recommend a good 3rd party messaging app to use instead of the native one that comes with the HTC phones? I'd prefer a free app, but if it's really good, I don't mind paying a couple of bucks for a messaging app that lets me do what I want.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-21-2015, 05:13 PM
I guess I would need a contact list app that allows customization more than an SMS app it seems. :wha:

PorkChopSandwiches
07-21-2015, 05:40 PM
I have never swapped mine out

Teh One Who Knocks
07-21-2015, 05:45 PM
Can you assign individual message notifications to your contacts on your phone? I could on my Galaxy, but it doesn't seem to let me anywhere on the M9

PorkChopSandwiches
07-21-2015, 05:53 PM
I have the same as you, I can set a custom SMS ringtone, but only global, not individual

PorkChopSandwiches
07-21-2015, 05:55 PM
Im reading this can do it

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.textra

Plus 'oh so easy' default or per contact customization for bubble colors, signatures and notifications (icon color, led color, sound, custom vibrations, privacy, reminders and muting).

Teh One Who Knocks
07-21-2015, 06:12 PM
Im reading this can do it

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.textra

I saw that on this list, hadn't made it that far yet, been going by trial and error :lol:

Goofy
07-21-2015, 07:46 PM
I never even knew the samsung could do that :lol: The only ringtone ive set to a contact is star wars imperial march for my boss :mrgreen:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-21-2015, 08:06 PM
:facepalm: