PDA

View Full Version : MTV Airs 'What If White People Experienced Microaggressions?' Video

Teh One Who Knocks
07-24-2015, 10:54 AM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/c3hDLlB.png

MTV is as well-known known for its progressive views as it is for shows such as "Teen Mom." The cable channel recently aired a video (below) entitled "What If White People Experienced Microaggressions?"

Host Franchesca Ramsey introduces the segment by saying: "Microaggressions are those little unintentional insults that basically see people of color as stereotypes, which got me thinking, 'What if white people had to deal with racial microaggressions?'"

The video then shows minorities saying statements to white people that whites often say to minorities with a twist:

Why don't you have an accent, like a Swedish accent?

You know, your English is really, really good. It's like I can't even tell you have an accent or anything.

Can you say a curse word in European?

How do you get your hair like that? I love how it's so limp.

Your eyes are so round! Like this!

Conservative commentator Steven Crowder recently posted a video (below) mocking the microaggression theory, which is taught at some colleges.

He also wrote on his website that the real meaning of microaggression is "everyone is super racist, sexist and prejudice even though they think they aren’t and you have no proof that says otherwise. As a matter of fact, no proof is even better than proof… because it’s already like proof anyhow. So shut up and don’t express a different opinion than mine."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPRA4g-3yEk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meT-8a83Pfw

RBP
07-24-2015, 11:02 AM
He also wrote on his website that the real meaning of microaggression is "everyone is super racist, sexist and prejudice even though they think they aren’t and you have no proof that says otherwise. As a matter of fact, no proof is even better than proof… because it’s already like proof anyhow. So shut up and don’t express a different opinion than mine."

:+1:

My example: Does she talk ghetto or proper English in front of customers is not a microagression. It's a legitimate business question.

Muddy
07-24-2015, 03:04 PM
Another veiled insulting attack show on Whitey from MTV.. Who woulda thought?

RBP
07-24-2015, 03:08 PM
Another veiled insulting attack show on Whitey from MTV.. Who woulda thought?
That's not very veiled at all. :lol:

Muddy
07-24-2015, 04:00 PM
Well.. yeah.. that too. :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
07-24-2015, 06:21 PM
Isnt it macroaggression the way I pay to support all this bullshit

Goofy
07-24-2015, 09:01 PM
The video then shows minorities saying statements to white people that whites often say to minorities with a twist:

Why don't you have an accent, like a Swedish accent? I'm Scottish ya twat!

You know, your English is really, really good. It's like I can't even tell you have an accent or anything. Fuck off *while laughing*

Can you say a curse word in European? Can i fuck

How do you get your hair like that? I love how it's so limp. It's shaved, ya dick

Your eyes are so round! Like this! Like what? You mean "round" like every fucking eyeball ya knobshite

How the fuck would you get offended by any of those questions? :lol:

Hal-9000
07-24-2015, 09:09 PM
I get told I sound like an American...and if I'm being lazy/relaxed, I get called a surfer dude....

it insults me because of the American part, not the white part :lol:

DemonGeminiX
07-24-2015, 11:40 PM
I get told I sound like an American...and if I'm being lazy/relaxed, I get called a surfer dude....

it insults me because of the American part, not the white part :lol:

:hand:

We Americans are insulted.