PDA

View Full Version : Singer says 'The Voice' is pre-cast, only benefits judges, pulls out of auditions

Teh One Who Knocks
07-25-2015, 09:59 AM
By Blanche Johnson - FOX 411

http://i.imgur.com/nSDt9QE.jpg

A prospective contestant on "The Voice" says he pulled out of the show because its "pre-cast," but a source tells FOX411 that Adam Weiner is just whistling Dixie.

Weiner, co-founder and front man of the Philadelphia based rock band Low Cut Connie, took to Facebook on Monday to inform his fans that he wouldn't be on the show because “'The Voice' is entirely 'pre-cast' and they had an opening they wanted to fill with me.”

But our insider says Weiner is mistaken, and that the show is “not pre cast and that was his interpretation.”

The source explained that Weiner was booked for Season 10 and was asked to audition. The source says he did indeed audition, and then dates were given to him in which he was “told to be available,” and that is when he passed on the opportunity to perform in front of its celebrity judges.

Weiner told FOX411 that although he believes “The Voice” is a “well-crafted piece of confectionery pop entertainment,” he doesn't think it benefits the careers of working artists other than the judges, and only exists to benefit those stars and the major label modern pop songs they are promoting.

“The contractual and musical limitations of the show's format are pretty well known, as is its pre-cast audition process,” the musician continued. “I don't necessarily think this makes the show 'fake' and I'm definitely not the first person to make reference to their casting process or heinous contracts.”

The show has faced allegations in the past for having a prohibitive contract. Reports say the contract allows producers to change show rules, eliminate contestants at any time and force contestants to undergo any medical testing.

Weiner explained why he thought his Facebook post was necessary.

“I wrote my spiel on Facebook so that I could reach my pals and my fans, the people that mean everything to me and inspire me to write original music and let them know that I wasn't going to burlesque my shtick on national TV just because I'm supposed to want to do that,” he said.

“The Voice” will return in its 9th season this Fall with coaches Gwen Stefani, Pharrell Williams, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton.