PDA

View Full Version : Official Tells Men Their Barbecue Smoke Cannot Cross Property Line

Teh One Who Knocks
07-25-2015, 10:57 AM
By Micahel Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/KAVoPaz.png

A Florida man, Scotty Jordan, recently posted a video (below) on Facebook along with the caption, "Video of pinellas county environmentalist saying bbq smoke out of your yard is illegal! Had to record!"

The video, which has been shared over 30,000 times on Facebook, shows the official explaining to two men (one of them is presumably Jordan) that a neighbor has complained about their outdoor barbecue smoke and smell.

“I’m only here because of the odor, I’m only here because of the smoke," the official says.

The official tells the disbelieving men that he took pictures of their BBQ smoke, and adds:

Frankly, today, I can smell it, I can smell it again right now, but I’m on your property. You’re allowed to have it smell on your property, so that doesn’t count, but when I’m on the street, that’s when it counts.
One of the men tells the official that the neighbor, who filed the complaint, previously called the police and fire department when they cooked outside.

The official informs the men that their barbecue smoke cannot cross their property line, and suggests they buy a grill that contains most of the smoke.

The Pinellas County website states in its environmental section: "Commercial barbecue cookers are not exempt from causing a nuisance odor. If a sufficient number of complaints, representing different households, are reported and an Inspector witnesses the problem, they can issue a Warning Letter."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu8bODcFfAQ

Hugh_Janus
07-25-2015, 11:40 AM
fucking neighbours....

also, fucking barbecues....

RBP
07-25-2015, 11:44 AM
Ridiculous.

Goofy
07-25-2015, 01:38 PM
America is full of stupidity :lol:

Griffin
07-25-2015, 01:45 PM
No shit! I have to deal with these dumb asses every day.
That's why I pray every night that zombie apocalypse comes soon so I can start poppin em in the head.