PDA

View Full Version : 'Follow Your Dreams': Man Leaves Teen Waitress A $200 Tip With An Inspiring Note

Teh One Who Knocks
07-25-2015, 11:02 AM
By Jonathan Constante - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/B6yjyC6.jpg

A Massachusetts waitress was pleasantly surprised when she discovered that she had been left a $200 tip along with an inspiring note.

The customer had walked into Friendly’s Restaurant in Sagamore on July 16 with a simple order, Cape News reported.

“It’s pretty crazy,” waitress Maura Sneed, 16, told Cape News. “He came in around lunchtime, just ordered a crispy chicken sandwich, and left.”

The bill totaled to $12.39. According to iTipping.com, the suggested tip for a wait staff is 15 to 20 percent. The mystery man decided to leave the young waitress a more than 1,500 percent tip with a note saying, “Follow your dreams and never give up.”

http://i.imgur.com/PCnTjwS.jpg

“We didn’t have any conversation that would inspire him to do that,” Sneed said. “I think he might have just come in thinking he would do that.”

The teenager was grateful for the tip but also took the generous man’s note to heart.

“I’m only 16, so I don’t know what my dreams are yet,” Sneed said. “I plan to use the money to open up a savings account to save money for my future dreams.”

She added that the waitressing job at Friendly’s is her first job and she never thought something like this would happen to her.

“I see that stuff on Twitter and Facebook all the time,” said the teen, who will be entering her junior year of high school in Worcester in the fall. “But I never thought it would happen to me.”

Sneed now hopes she can somehow pay it forward.

“It feels good,” she said. “It’s an inspiring story that I can tell for the rest of my life. It’s pretty amazing.”

Goofy
07-25-2015, 01:39 PM
I'd give her more than just the tip :shifty:

Griffin
07-25-2015, 01:54 PM
I'd give her more than just the tip :shifty:

:lol:

What did the leper say to the prostitute?

...keep the tip.

deebakes
07-25-2015, 05:19 PM
$200 is a pretty weak dream :shrug: