PDA

View Full Version : Pat Robertson Stumped On Why God Didn't Kill Supreme Court For Legalizing Abortion

Teh One Who Knocks
07-28-2015, 11:40 AM
By Micahel Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/gsg0T1d.png

A viewer wrote into the "700 Club" today and asked Pat Robertson why God didn't strike dead five U.S. Supreme Court justices, appointed by Republican presidents, who supported the legalization of abortion in 1973 in a 7-2 vote.

The viewer was upset that these justices lived long lives, which Robertson couldn't explain, notes RightWingWatch.org.

Robertson replied:

You’ll have to ask God why He didn’t kill them. I'm not in charge of the death or life of the Supreme Court judges. So, it’s in God’s hands whether they live a long life, but that thing was called [Supreme Court Judge Harry] "Blackmun's abortion."

And Blackmun was indeed a Nixon appointee, you're absolutely right. It was an incredibly bad decision, it was based on no science, nothing that was there, but they picked up stuff from Planned Parenthood and other, well, population.

The wealthy people of our country wanted to make sure that the black and less fortunate didn't outbreed us. So they wanted to make sure that the population of those people stayed small.

Robertson also blamed Planned Parenthood founder Margaret Sanger, who passed away in 1966, for contributing the legalization of abortion in 1973.

In reality, Sanger was a strong supporter of birth control and opposed abortion for the most part.

Sanger wrote in 1920: "While there are cases where even the law recognizes an abortion as justifiable if recommended by a physician, I assert that the hundreds of thousands of abortions performed in America each year are a disgrace to civilization."

Norma L. McCorvey, the woman in the famous case Roe V. Wade case, was not wealthy. In fact, she was poor and lived with her father.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-28-2015, 01:26 PM
Dead yet

Pony
07-28-2015, 02:08 PM
Dead yet

Satan's getting impatient.

Satan
07-28-2015, 04:53 PM
:-s

I am?

Goofy
07-28-2015, 05:47 PM
:-s

I am?

You are :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
07-28-2015, 06:19 PM
The wealthy people of our country wanted to make sure that the black and less fortunate didn't outbreed us.

Nice one Pat...comment on an already volatile subject and throw another one in there

deebakes
07-29-2015, 01:11 AM
:ffs:

RBP
07-29-2015, 04:21 AM
This thread sucks. Sorry.. This just doesn't affect my life.