PDA

View Full Version : British Teen Gets Pregnant On Purpose So She Can Have A 'Best Friend'

Teh One Who Knocks
07-28-2015, 11:43 AM
By Lauren Briggs - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/w7O3bTL.jpg

A 17-year-old schoolgirl and her boyfriend of two months intentionally got pregnant because she wanted a new “best friend,” reports the Daily Mail.

Rachel Hendry, from Motherwell, Scotland, is due to have a daughter in August. The expecting mother said that she always wanted a child, so when she met her 20-year-old boyfriend, they started trying for a baby almost immediately.

“The baby was planned,” Hendry said. “(We decided to have her because) we knew we were right for each other, we just knew we were perfect for each other and it's what we both wanted.”

Unlike most pregnant teens, Hendry knows that she will be a good mother, she says.

“I looked after my younger brother when he was a baby so I have experience,” she said.

“I raised him for the first few years of his life from when he was two and I was four. Now we both have a good mother who can look after us,” she said.

When accused of not being able to properly look after her baby, the teenager added that she can cook soup and curry.

“Not all teenage pregnancies are bad,” she said.

Hendry seems determined to showcase herself as a responsible young mother. After her daughter is born in August, she will return to school to finish her education.

“I hope that in the future my baby will become my best friend, when she’s older,” she said. "I’m very, very excited.”

Not everyone supports her pregnancy. Her 15-year-old brother, Ross, believes that his mother should have kicked the young mom out of the house, reports the Irish Mirror.

“I just don’t think it’s the right age for her,” he said.

Her mother, Carol, supports her decision to have a child with her boyfriend of two months and even let Hendry’s boyfriend, Chris, move in.

"I was shocked when I found out she was pregnant, but I wasn't surprised at the early age,” Carol said.

Hendry and her boyfriend, who have unofficial plans to marry someday, did not see the point of waiting, they said.

"We really wanted to have a child together so we decided why not, there's nothing stopping us,” Hendry said.

Goofy
07-28-2015, 12:19 PM
When accused of not being able to properly look after her baby, the teenager added that she can cook soup and curry.

:rofl:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-28-2015, 12:20 PM
:rofl:

Don't laugh too hard, you'll be paying for their benefits :point:

Goofy
07-28-2015, 12:23 PM
Don't laugh too hard, you'll be paying for their benefits :point:

What else is new? :shrug:

redred
07-28-2015, 01:51 PM
:facepalm:

Hugh_Janus
07-28-2015, 07:45 PM
you can imagine the type of kid this one's going to be with a mother that will do anything so that it will like her...

deebakes
07-29-2015, 12:40 AM
:(

perrhaps
07-29-2015, 05:11 PM
"Spot" if it's a boy; "Fi-Fi" if it's a girl.