PDA

View Full Version : Grocery Shopping...all at one store or multiple places?

Teh One Who Knocks
07-28-2015, 01:37 PM
Do you do any/some/all of the grocery shopping in your house? At my place I do nearly all of it and just wondering how other people do their grocery shopping. I used to shop almost exclusively at one supermarket only because I was being lazy about it and it was right near my apartment. Now, after buying my house, I have to travel to get to the store no matter what, so I have basically started shopping multiple places. I go to up to 4 different stores for groceries now. Safeway, King Soopers, and Albertsons (which are all supermarkets strictly for food and groceries) and Walmart. I find myself buying a lot more stuff at Walmart than I buy at other places, but I like going to Safeway and King Soopers because you get fuel points for discounts at the gas station.

That's for day-to-day needs, when we need to stock up on stuff, we'll take a trip to Sam's Club and pick up bulk things that don't spoil.

redred
07-28-2015, 01:45 PM
depends on what i'm after , weekly shop i'll doing in the supermarket asda or tesco, if i cook something special i may use local independent shops , i do tend to keep an eye on prices and look out for good deals

Pony
07-28-2015, 02:03 PM
For the rare time I'm just getting groceries I will just get it all at one store, usually when I'm out of everything all at once. If I'm just picking up a few things to resupply I will hit multiple. Within four blocks of my house are Home Depot, Sams club, Aldi, GFS, and Walmart. The Giant Eagle grocery is about 5 miles away.

RBP
07-28-2015, 03:14 PM
I used to go to 2-3 stores every week. Aldi, Target, Jewel (Albertson's) spending 3-4 hours a week. A month ago I told my girlfriend to take over and use Peapod to deliver. I spend almost no time now and our overall spending went down because there is no impulse buying. I carry nothing up the stairs. It's glorious.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-28-2015, 03:20 PM
I only go one place, but thats when I shop (Im told I overspend). My wife does it most of the time and she will hit multiple places, but she has that kind of time. Im actually looking into Amazon Fresh, order online and they deliver :dance:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-28-2015, 03:22 PM
Walmart and King Soopers (Kroger) both deliver here in this area,

redred
07-28-2015, 03:24 PM
i'm not keen on delivery shopping services , i'm fussy about my fresh foods :lol:

Hal-9000
07-28-2015, 03:27 PM
My Dad and I both do the shopping at separate times, mostly at one place. We each have a serious shopping trip for the regular daily items and also terrorist trips to get handfuls of specific junk.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-28-2015, 03:28 PM
i'm not keen on delivery shopping services , i'm fussy about my fresh foods :lol:

It is fresh :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-28-2015, 03:30 PM

I can't do delivery because half the time I'm at the store I don't even know what I want, I have to "see" what sounds good :lol:

Delivery would be fine for simple things like bread, milk, paper towels, etc but for food I'd need to be at the store

DemonGeminiX
07-28-2015, 04:44 PM
I've got a Walmart, a Winn Dixie, and a Publix all within 10-15 miles. The majority of my shopping is done at Walmart, but I hit up the other 2 for random stuff that I can't get at Walmart on a regular basis. I also hit the Sam's Club for bulk items but that's only once a month or so.

KevinD
07-28-2015, 05:17 PM
I send the wife. Hell if I know what she does, lol. Seriously though, at home there's only Walmart, HEB, and a couple meat markets. On select days we hit the farmers markets. Here at work, I just hit HEB usually.

Griffin
09-30-2016, 04:38 PM
Normally I shop a local grocery store on the way home.
Today I needed a variety of stuff so went to Wal-Mart for a one stop shop.
Thought stew sounded good for dinner.
Went down the cracker aisle,
...realized there were only white people on it.

Muddy
09-30-2016, 06:59 PM
Costco for the big shit and Martins for the grocery's.. No time for 5 stores.. :)

Teh One Who Knocks
09-30-2016, 07:03 PM
The Safeway I usually stop at used to have 4 self-checkout machines. Went in the other day and they ripped them all out for some express lanes....that nobody was manning :|

DemonGeminiX
09-30-2016, 07:56 PM
People complicate things. Machines don't bitch and complain and don't ask for raises.

Griffin
09-30-2016, 08:26 PM
c'mon.....cracker aisle/ white people?

...work with me here. :roll:

Muddy
09-30-2016, 08:39 PM
People complicate things. Machines don't bitch and complain and don't ask for raises.

They also cant check your ID when you are buying beer.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-01-2016, 11:00 AM

Plus it let more people thru the checkout faster, that's why I don't understand why they took them out, I will ALWAYS use the self-checkout if a store has them :wha:

They also cant check your ID when you are buying beer.

There's always one person manning the self checkout, you couldn't get thru with beer, it will lock up the machine until someone comes over and verifies your age.

Godfather
10-01-2016, 06:06 PM
I probably shop at 3-4 stores too.

I try and go to Super store for huge shops and bulk items once or twice a month. Usually Safeway or Save-on Foods for medium sized shops during the week, and the little family-run market close by if I just need to grab a couple things for dinner :lol: Probably not the most economical way to shop but it's hard to avoid.

Oh also you can't buy beer in grocery stores here :(