PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Obama: "I Wasn't Invited" to Royal Wedding

Teh One Who Knocks
02-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/6X97Y.jpg

Who wouldn't want Michelle Obama at their wedding? Apparently Prince William and Kate Middleton, that's who!

The First Lady appeared on Live! With Regis and Kelly and told show hosts Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa that she hasn't been invited to the wedding.

But Mrs. Obama isn't miffed. "Marriage is a personal private thing, they should invite who they want to invite,” she said. “And if I get invited, I’ll go."

While she met Queen Elizabeth in April 2009, Mrs. Obama has yet to meet the royal couple. She did pass on her congratulations to William and Kate via an interview with Barbara Walters. "Congratulations and, hopefully, you will be as happy, as happily married as Barack and I," she said in an interview last November.

American presidents have traditionally been invited to royal weddings. The Reagans were invited to the 1981 wedding of William's parents, Prince Charles and Princess Diana, and Nancy Reagan attended on behalf of the president.

Sharktopus
02-09-2011, 09:43 PM
That's because they don't want to hear her complain about the food they serve.

Hal-9000
02-09-2011, 09:43 PM
low class even to bring it up IMO

"But Mrs. Obama isn't miffed. "Marriage is a personal private thing, they should invite who they want to invite,” she said. “And if I get invited, I’ll go."

Sharktopus
02-09-2011, 09:51 PM
low class even to bring it up IMO

"But Mrs. Obama isn't miffed. "Marriage is a personal private thing, they should invite who they want to invite,” she said. “And if I get invited, I’ll go."

True. Now if she does get invited it will look like they invited her because she whined about it.

Hal-9000
02-09-2011, 09:55 PM
Yeah I think the bigger person just would have accepted the snub and let the tabloids comment on it...

redred
02-10-2011, 09:20 AM
from what i've read in the papers over here when she came over on the last visit she did a lot of things that did not go down to well with the queen such as hugging her, petty it may be ,but i'm sure she was told of the things she couldn't do to the queen

Godfather
02-10-2011, 09:28 AM
:lol: Why can't you just give the Queen a big 'ol hug. Would that petty, old-world shit really have caused a problem?

Trudeau did a pirouette behind her back :lol: So awesome

redred
02-10-2011, 11:29 AM
the queen does not like to be touched :lol:

Hal-9000
02-10-2011, 05:10 PM
:lol: Why can't you just give the Queen a big 'ol hug. Would that petty, old-world shit really have caused a problem?

Trudeau did a pirouette behind her back :lol: So awesome

:lol: I remember....there's some dumb rule about being within a certain distance of her.He broke protocol then had to recover gracefully

Godfather
02-10-2011, 06:46 PM
I didn't know about all that until I watched The Queen a few years back... don't shake her hand, don't turn your back to her, walk out of the room backwards

:roll: Ohhhkkieeee

Hal-9000
02-10-2011, 06:57 PM
I would lick my lips slowly...and then stare at her groin

Godfather
02-10-2011, 06:59 PM
:lol: Maybe make some soft animal grunts...

I like it...

redred
02-10-2011, 08:14 PM
I would lick my lips slowly...and then stare at her groin

also a joey tribbiani' how you doin'

Godfather
02-10-2011, 08:22 PM
:lol: :lol:

Hal-9000
02-10-2011, 09:27 PM
and when I'm in the Buckingham Palace dungeon I'll be screaming - IT DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT NOT DOING THAT IN THE RULES!!!

Teh One Who Knocks
02-11-2011, 01:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/lkQ0J.jpg

Dr. Girlfriend
02-11-2011, 01:22 PM
I think the rules about how to act around the Queen are pretty weird but you know... when you're in Rome. If you want to meet the Queen, follow the rules. All the jokes are funny but it's nice to follow traditions. I come from a culture deep in weird traditions but it's nice to have connections to times long ago. I'd gladly follow the rules if they invited me. (That's a hint, wink, wink, Kate!)

fricnjay
02-11-2011, 10:17 PM
What an attention whore. :roll:

AntZ
02-11-2011, 10:20 PM
It was once the standard that Americans never bow to ANYONE! Nor is the Stars and Stripes ever to be tilted down to any Royalty! That's why when you watch all the old Olympic opening day ceremonies, other countries would dip their flags when crossing the Royal Box of those host country. The Stars and Stripes ALWAYS STOOD TALL!

There was never a fuss until Reagan first met the Queen and Nancy did not curtsy, the Brit media shit their pants! It was made clear that because the U.S. defeated the British Empire, they would never bow! Until now, naturally!

The young couple should invite her! After Obama gave the queen an I-Pod loaded with his speeches! (Goody!)

Sasquatch will probably do one better and give the an I-Pad loaded with all her contrived TV show appearances!! At least they can erase all that shit and then have themselves a new I-Pad!!

Southern Belle
02-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Bowing is one thing. Not having a clue as to protocol with a world leader you're meeting is pure ignorance. Michelle hugged her ffs.

fricnjay
02-11-2011, 10:27 PM
It was once the standard that Americans never bow to ANYONE! Nor is the Stars and Stripes ever to be tilted down to any Royalty! That's why when you watch all the old Olympic opening day ceremonies, other countries would dip their flags when crossing the Royal Box of those host country. The Stars and Stripes ALWAYS STOOD TALL!

There was never a fuss until Reagan first met the Queen and Nancy did not curtsy, the Brit media shit their pants! It was made clear that because the U.S. defeated the British Empire, they would never bow! Until now, naturally!

The young couple should invite her! After Obama gave the queen an I-Pod loaded with his speeches! (Goody!)

Sasquatch will probably do one better and give the an I-Pad loaded with all her contrived TV show appearances!! At least they can erase all that shit and then have themselves a new I-Pad!!

Bwahahahahahahaha :rofl:

Southern Belle
02-11-2011, 10:28 PM
:lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-11-2011, 11:10 PM
Bowing is one thing. Not having a clue as to protocol with a world leader you're meeting is pure ignorance. Michelle hugged her ffs.

Exactly

Hal-9000
02-11-2011, 11:28 PM
So it seems we're going both ways on this one...

Anthz mentions that the US never bows or dips flags at the Olympics, Nancy doesn't curtsy etc... yet someone else feels we should follow the protocol for world leaders out of respect...

hmmmm, curious