PDA

View Full Version : GOP Debate

PorkChopSandwiches
08-07-2015, 04:27 PM
Anyone watch it. Trump was awesome, had me cracking up. Chris Christie is looking like a complete fool. I like Rand Paul, but Trump burned him pretty good had me laughing again

PorkChopSandwiches
08-07-2015, 04:35 PM
"Taking advantage of useful idiots" :rofl:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-07-2015, 04:44 PM
"Illegals, prostitutes, pimps, drug dealers"

"Getting a little R rated"

:rofl:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-07-2015, 05:48 PM
"I'm the only one to take out half a brain, although you would think if you went to Washington you would think someone brat me to it"

PorkChopSandwiches
08-07-2015, 05:52 PM
Trump wins

DemonGeminiX
08-07-2015, 05:57 PM
I don't know what you were watching but in the debate I watched... Trump lost, and lost hard.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-07-2015, 06:05 PM
I missed the first 30 min, but I didn't disagree with anything he was saying. I like Rand Paul, I would put him up top too.
Trump didn't skirt anything, took it all head on. Refreshing

DemonGeminiX
08-07-2015, 06:20 PM
I don't disagree with anything Trump says on policy and politics, but you missed some stuff that was very telling about the true nature of his character. Maybe he was just off, but if I'm judging by last night alone, he's not getting my vote. We'll see how things turn out down the road. Rand Paul was meh, Christie was meh. Jeb rose above all of the horseshit by not engaging in it, but I'm still not sold on him. The jury's still out on Walker and Kasich, but I'd have to give the edge to Walker out of the two. Last night's winners in my mind were Huckabee, Rubio, and Cruz... Carson to a lesser degree (he's got a great mind and fantastic ideas but he's way too nice and soft spoken).

I think Carly Fiorina should've been up there with the big 10. I've watched some of the JV debate online and she just brought it. In my opinion, she did better than all of the candidates yesterday.

Goofy
08-07-2015, 06:25 PM
What about the Bernie guy, was he on it? Everyone on imgur sure loves him, his pics/quotes etc are posted regularly :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-07-2015, 06:25 PM
I can't say I felt any of those choices but the black guy had anything worthwhile to say. It got sealed when they decided to have the religious talking point. :roll: why is it even in the debate.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-07-2015, 06:27 PM
What about the Bernie guy, was he on it? Everyone on imgur sure loves him, his pics/quotes etc are posted regularly :lol:

:hand: Hes a (D) this was for (R)
This county needs an independent really. Our two parties are just taking turns fucking us

DemonGeminiX
08-07-2015, 06:34 PM
I can't say I felt any of those choices but the black guy had anything worthwhile to say. It got sealed when they decided to have the religious talking point. :roll: why is it even in the debate.

Because the religious right is still a major voting demographic and they will be for a long time to come... and in this climate it's also a little shot at the Islamic extremists and their supporters.

No offense Porky, but I'm gonna make a prediction: You're gonna find your way back to traditional religion before you die.

Goofy
08-07-2015, 06:36 PM
:hand: Hes a (D) this was for (R)
This county needs an independent really. Our two parties are just taking turns fucking us

Yeah, i just went and googled GOP (Grand Old Party - Republicans apparently) :lol: So, basically you only have two choices when it comes to the main election for POTUS? There was, what, ten people in that debate........ do you first get to vote for who is the Republican candidate out of those? I have no idea how your system works tbh :lol:

Goofy
08-07-2015, 06:37 PM
No offense Porky, but I'm gonna make a prediction: You're gonna find your way back to traditional religion before you die.

You mean he'll yell "help me God" just as he croaks? :-k

PorkChopSandwiches
08-07-2015, 06:41 PM

no offense taken, I have been hearing that from my family forever. I just really can't see a way that that could possibly happen. At least not the Christian based faiths. It's possible I could get more involved in a Buddhist/Hindu type of lifestyle.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-07-2015, 06:42 PM
Yeah, i just went and googled GOP (Grand Old Party - Republicans apparently) :lol: So, basically you only have two choices when it comes to the main election for POTUS? There was, what, ten people in that debate........ do you first get to vote for who is the Republican candidate out of those? I have no idea how your system works tbh :lol:

Everybody/party theoretically has an opportunity. But only the dems/republicans really have a chance since I can recall

PorkChopSandwiches

Everybody/party theoretically has an opportunity. But only the dems/republicans really have a chance since I can recall

DemonGeminiX
no offense taken, I have been hearing that from my family forever. I just really can't see a way that that could possibly happen. At least not the Christian based faiths. It's possible I could get more involved in a Buddhist/Hindu type of lifestyle.

... and it's gonna happen in Arizona.

:nana:

Hal-9000
08-07-2015, 06:43 PM

It's similar to our systems....there are multiple parties but eventually it gets down to the democrats and republicans in the States

for years we had the liberals and progressive conservatives battle it out, thinking no other parties would get in (decades really) and just this year the NDP party took control of our province. The NDP has always been a way in the back party with support, but not enough to topple our two main parties

PorkChopSandwiches
08-07-2015, 06:44 PM
:rofl: I'm ready to bounce out of this waterless desert. But I would probably go to Washington or Oregon. That fits my lifestyle better.....#hipsters

DemonGeminiX
08-07-2015, 06:44 PM

The Republican/Democrat party machines are strong right now, but it won't stay that way forever.

Hal-9000
08-07-2015, 06:45 PM
:rofl: I'm ready to bounce out of this waterless desert. But I would probably go to Washington or Oregon. That fits my lifestyle better.....#hipsters

Seattle where it rains like 325 days per year?

:lol: it would be different fo sure

PorkChopSandwiches
08-07-2015, 06:49 PM
Seattle where it rains like 325 days per year?

:lol: it would be different fo sure

I lived there for a year in the early 90s. I loved it, been trying to get back there since I left, but my wife isn't into all that rain

Hal-9000
08-07-2015, 06:52 PM
my sis moved from here to our west coast, where it rains more than Seattle and she loves it

of course her comparison is snow vs water and there really is no comparison once you've lived in both environments

from what I hear about Cali and the water problems (plus all other problems) every year, it seems like at one point that state will implode and everyone will have to leave

DemonGeminiX
08-07-2015, 06:52 PM

Basically only 2 choices that voters as a whole will take seriously... even though those choices don't deserve it.

We're in the initial stages right now. Things are just warming up. We're marching towards the Primaries where the nation will vote for their choice of who will represent their political parties in the general election (the big one where we actually elect the President). Technically, we have tons of political parties, but as I've said already, the Republicans and Democrats are the only two the people really take seriously. Every once in a while a third candidate will pop up in the general election, but they usually only serve to steal votes from the underdog in the cycle and give them something to bitch about when they lose.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-07-2015, 06:59 PM
Nailed it

Teh One Who Knocks
08-08-2015, 10:59 AM

Everyone on Imgur loves him because he's just this side of being a full blown communist. I know, I lived in Vermont when he was mayor of Burlington (the state's largest city) and when he became congressman after that.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-08-2015, 11:00 AM
Because the religious right is still a major voting demographic and they will be for a long time to come...

Only because the republicans allow them to be

PorkChopSandwiches
08-08-2015, 06:30 PM
Yeah fuck Bernie