PDA

View Full Version : Need To Upgrade My Music Player

Oofty Goofty
08-10-2015, 02:31 AM
I currently use a 160 Gig iPod classic in my car as a music player. I need the storage capacity. Occasionally, it will lockup and stop communicating with my car. I have to take it out and let it sit for a day or two, then it will work fine for another month or so. The dealer says my car just isn't designed to communicate with technology that old.

I've been waiting for the iPod touch 6 to come out, so I could upgrade. After many delays, it was finally released a few weeks ago. The highest memory option is only 128 Gig with no expansion slot. I'm disappointed it doesn't have more memory, or an expansion option. It's a whopping $400. They designed it more as a game player than a music player. That's an awful lot of money just to play music in my car, and never use its full power.

Does anyone have any advice for a player to upgrade to? It has to have a lot of memory. Most of the ones I've researched simply don't have enough. I still collect CD's because of my stereo system, and have well over 1000. Ideally, I'd like to have them all stored on the player.

I could still use the classic iPod when I travel, or in the house, but I need something more dependable in my car.

redred
08-10-2015, 11:22 AM
how do you connect to the car ? 3.5mm jack plug ?

Oofty Goofty
08-10-2015, 12:53 PM
Two choices: A USB to Apple connector cable, or a cable made specifically for the car that has a USB and audio jack going into an Apple connector. The car's audio system controls the iPod. Either one only works for about a month, then the communication between the iPod and car stops, and it no longer controls the iPod. The audio system will say "Unknown Artist". It also stops listing the contents of the iPod.