PDA

View Full Version : Man with zipper down to cops: ‘There is no doubt that I am impaired’

Teh One Who Knocks
08-13-2015, 11:11 AM
Will Greenlee - Treasure Coast Palm

http://i.imgur.com/3qnssJL.jpg

A man who was speeding in reverse, had his zipper down and told St. Lucie County Sheriff’s deputies, “There is no doubt that I am impaired,” got locked up, an affidavit states.

Deputies about 2:35 a.m. July 11 reported a man later identified as Steven Nichols, 64, pulled in the parking lot of an abandoned building at Naco Road and North U.S. 1 north of Fort Pierce.

Nichols, driving a Nissan utility vehicle, revved the engine and started speeding in reverse, which is the opposite of forward. He nearly crashed into a concrete pillar.

Deputies spoke to Nichols, who had a pack of beer in the front seat. Investigators saw an open Budweiser in the cup holder, but Nichols denied it was there.

He said he went to the gym, then a bar in Stuart and quaffed “at least” three drinks. He said he was trying to get home to Virginia, which is approximately 800 miles away. He said he “needed to be here” and wanted to “detox himself mentally” before going home.

Before Nichols participated in field sobriety exercises, deputies noticed his zipper was down and his genitals exposed.

As Nichols, of Jensen Beach, took field sobriety exercises, he said, “There is no doubt that I am impaired.”

There is no doubt that Nichols was arrested on a DUI charge. There’s also no doubt that he received citations including refusing to submit to a breath test and having an open container.

HyperV12
08-13-2015, 12:24 PM
Nichols, driving a Nissan utility vehicle, revved the engine and started speeding in reverse, which is the opposite of forward. He nearly crashed into a concrete pillar

This seriously needs saying?? :rofl:

deebakes
08-14-2015, 03:24 AM
:bwaha:

Hal-9000
08-14-2015, 04:56 PM
“There is no doubt that I am impaired.”

Gotta be one the best statements ever by a suspected criminal :lol:

HyperV12
08-14-2015, 05:58 PM
There is no doubt that Nichols was arrested on a DUI charge. There’s also no doubt that he received citations including refusing to submit to a breath test and having an open container.

Was that the beer or his pants? :lol: