PDA

View Full Version : Ouch! A man’s penis was ‘de-gloved’ after horrific dog bite at Bondi Beach

Teh One Who Knocks
08-14-2015, 11:41 AM
Shannon Molloy, National TV Writer - News Corp Australia

http://i.imgur.com/0jiOvKX.jpg

PARAMEDICS say it’s the most horrific thing they’ve ever seen — a man’s penis completely “de-gloved” after he was bitten by a dog while swimming at the beach.

The aftermath of the cringe-worthy incident was captured by camera crews, filming Network Ten’s hit doco series Bondi Rescue.

It was earlier this year when a local man named Paul approached lifeguards at the famous Sydney beach, complaining of the worst kind of injury.

“I’ve been bitten by a dog on my f***ing d***,” he yelps in the clip, obtained by News Corp Australia. “It’s pretty bad too.”

It just so happened that ambulance crews were in the tower after responding to another incident, and quickly assessed his injury.

“He’s de-gloved his penis,” one paramedic says in shock.

The Staffordshire bull terrier bite had completely torn the skin “from the base to the tip”.

Paul was rushed to hospital and received 100 stitches, but not before his mate had a laugh at his misfortune. Some of the Bondi heroes joined in.

“I heard it was a cocker spaniel,” Trent “Maxi” Maxwell joked.

Veteran Bondi lifeguard Bruce “Hoppo” Hopkins said he’d never seen anything like it, and hopes not to ever again.

“The guy had taken his mate’s dog to the beach and was jumping off the rocks to go for a swim ... and he pretended to throw a ball, but hid it between his legs,” Hoppo explained.

“But the dog spotted it and went straight for the ball.

“I suppose he’d be a little bit nervous around dogs from now on.”

http://i.imgur.com/NyfsLfV.jpg

It’s understood Paul’s appendage has returned to its former working order.

redred
08-14-2015, 01:20 PM
that 2nd pic is great :lol:

HyperV12
08-14-2015, 01:33 PM
Well now, I have learned something today. De-gloved is such a benign sounding term for such an awful injury. :shock:

Hal-9000
08-14-2015, 04:44 PM
Something about this ain't right....guy looks way too calm for being de-gloved

Teh One Who Knocks
08-14-2015, 04:46 PM
Shock? :dunno:

Hal-9000
08-14-2015, 04:48 PM
I agree with Hyper. De-gloved sounds way too tame for what I imagined happened.

HyperV12
08-14-2015, 05:52 PM
He apparently needed 100 stitches on his dick to 'fix' it! :lol: He should stick to using peanut butter!

deebakes
08-15-2015, 04:50 AM
:rofl: