PDA

View Full Version : Mother of the Year Candidate: Mother Reportedly Has 4-Year-Old Son Blow Into Breathalyzer To Start Car After Going To The Bar

Teh One Who Knocks
08-15-2015, 12:46 PM
By Jonathan Constante - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/hwPZ398.jpg

A Florida father is refusing to bail out his wife after their 4-year-old son was caught on camera blowing into a breathalyzer to start the car (video below).

The footage was captured by a police officer’s body camera. It appears to show April King, 35, and her two children, ages 2 and 4, in the parking lot of Froggers Grill and Bar in Apopka, Florida on Aug. 9, WFTV repors.

The older child is seen blowing into a breathalyzer meant to determine the driver’s blood-alcohol level before the car starts. Doug King, April’s husband, had installed the breathalyzer in the vehicle because his wife has a drinking problem, police said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp12q9_r9XM

The bar's manager called police to the parking lot after he saw the child apparently alone in the car.

“I have a lady that just came in and sat down at my bar and her kid’s in the car with the A/C running,” the manager told 911. “He looks like he’s about 2 or 3 years old. She seemed a little under the influence and then she chugged a beer, but I didn’t know she had a kid in the car.”

Doug said he is so outraged that he refuses to bail his wife out of jail.

“My son just turned 4 years old and the fact that he learned how to do that, I don’t put the intelligence behind him one bit but to learn to hum and blow at the same time, it was a surprise to me,” said Doug, adding that he’s taking the kids and moving back to Oklahoma.

April, who was reportedly recently released from rehab, has been charged with child neglect. Police said they did not charge her with drunken driving as they could not prove that she was driving the car.

HyperV12
08-15-2015, 01:21 PM
She could've been done over here for being Drunk in charge of her vehicle.

deebakes
08-15-2015, 04:20 PM
:tup: