PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Woman Finds Small Lizard In Starbucks Latte

Teh One Who Knocks
08-17-2015, 04:03 PM
By Mackenzie Fleming - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/G92kr9R.jpg

An Arizona woman received an unpleasant surprise with her Starbucks order last week. Kim Dillon of Phoenix said when she took a sip of her venti sugar free latte she felt something strange in her mouth. After spitting it out, what she found was a small lizard.

“I was like, ‘Oh my God.’ I was almost going to swallow it,” she said. “It was just so gross knowing it was in my mouth.”

Kim was going about her normal weekend routine with her husband Brian, when the two each ordered a sugar free latte at a Starbucks located in Fry’s Marketplace, ABC 15 reported. One of the drinks, however, contained a tiny lizard, which the couple has pictures to prove.

“It was a lizard,” said Brian. “A little lizard! That she drank. That went into her mouth.”

After finding the alarming extra ingredient, they put the lizard in a bag and went back to the Starbucks located inside the Fry’s Marketplace, according to Eater.

Staff at the Starbucks from which the couple purchased the drinks apologized and offered them gift cards when they returned with the bagged lizard. The Dillons turned down the offer.

Starbucks released a statement saying that it is “disturbed to learn about this,” and said it plans on “looking into this immediately.”

“We understand that we live in the desert and there’s a bunch of bugs,” said Brian. “But something like that is just nerve wrecking.”

Fry’s Marketplace said they did extra cleaning and that the store is checking with a pest control company, Eater and ABC 15 reported. They included that they believe this to be an isolated incident.

“Where are the legs? Where’s the skin?” said Kim. “It just makes me sick.”

Teh One Who Knocks
08-17-2015, 04:05 PM
I don't believe any of these kinds of stories anymore because 99.9999999999999999999% of them turn out top be hoaxes, and here is a good reason to believe that on this story:

Staff at the Starbucks from which the couple purchased the drinks apologized and offered them gift cards when they returned with the bagged lizard. The Dillons turned down the offer.

No doubt they will need to sue for millions because they have mental pain and anguish and will never even be able to walk past another Starbucks or drink any coffee for the rest of their lives :(

:rolleyes:

Hal-9000
08-17-2015, 04:33 PM
If something touched my lips and I saw that in my cup, yes Starbucks would be getting sued. Only because their coffee is waaay overpriced and I have the right to no-llizards in an eight dollar cup of coffee.

Do you think Starbucks is going polygraph them? I bet a company like that has lawyers out the ass and will make it tough on them.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-17-2015, 04:44 PM
What proof do they offer that it was actually found inside the coffee other than their word?

Hal-9000
08-17-2015, 04:49 PM
Same proof as every other customer who's 'found' something in their food and drinks....nada. The pinky in the Wendy's chili story always makes me laugh :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-17-2015, 04:52 PM
Exactly, and they tried to make good on it right there, but they turned it down. After the bazillions of stories on the interwebz about people trying to bilk companies out of money with bogus claims, I don't believe it. Call me cynical I guess :dunno:

Hal-9000
08-17-2015, 04:58 PM
Therein lay the problem. What if you really do find something in your food? Is it worth some gift cards or 500,000 bucks?

My Dad and I buy pizza from this local spot, it's a family run business not a chain store. Their food is always leaps and bounds better (and fresher) than from competitors.

We started ordering this whole wheat crust on a certain type of pizza and noticed there were silver flakes in the crust. After about two or three pizzas like this, we picked out the flecks and they seemed like aluminum. We both took the flecks down there, talked to the guy for a minute and he became enraged. Not with us...he went back into the kitchen, we heard some noise and he came back out with another guy and they were holding these large square silver pans. Inside was raw dough. Then they both went out the front door of the restaurant and threw the pans into the dumpster beside the building. In between the broken Greek I could hear - 'I told you they were no good' and 'get rid of them all, no more questions!'.

:lol: It was awkward but then he asks my Dad and I to sit down, he explains how one of his new cooks got a deal on some containers and he thought the silver or aluminum coating was already wearing off of the new bowls and pans. He said we confirmed it. He apologized and gave us free pizza for a month...until my Dad wouldn't accept it free anymore really :lol:, and we still continue to eat there.

His demonstration on how important his customers were and how he handled the complaint made him a superstar in my eyes. No questions about anything we may have done or implying it was somehow our fault. Just immediate investigation and action, coupled with some Greek swear words.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-17-2015, 05:12 PM
What you describe is completely different, you guys are regular customers and the owner knows who you are (maybe not on a personal level, but he knows you frequent the restaurant). Plus, he already had a suspicion about the crap quality of the pans they were using and you just confirmed it to him. Plus, there was the evidence that the coating was flaking off by just looking at the pans.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that these people in the OP are not regulars of this particular location and it's not a coincidence that they picked a multi-billion dollar company to pick on.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-17-2015, 05:14 PM
Have you ever noticed that with all these stories, nobody ever finds anything in their food or drink at Dave's Coffee Shop or Billy Bob's Burger Joint, it's always McDonald's or Starbucks or Wendy's or some company with a ginormous amount of revenue.

Hal-9000
08-17-2015, 05:35 PM
I would disagree about the events being completely different. Overall it's still about finding unwanted material in something you're eating or drinking. Yes our relationship is different for sure and that influenced how he responded.

I would ask again. What happens if you find something in your food...is it worth some free samples that likely cost the company nothing, or it is worth a few hundred thousand in compensation?

example - you really love Hershey Bars and one day you bite into one, hear a crack and hit something solid. You pull out what looks like a big toenail :lol: Are you upset enough to contact the company to complain or do you just not buy any more Hershey products and give them a silent fuck you?

I believe most people would contact the company to complain, even if their first thought is not - How much money can I get because of this?

This story is tough because the offending matter is a large organism with a head and feet. It's not a hair in the ol soup or a small chunk of something in the chocolate milk.

Hal-9000
08-17-2015, 05:38 PM
Have you ever noticed that with all these stories, nobody ever finds anything in their food or drink at Dave's Coffee Shop or Billy Bob's Burger Joint, it's always McDonald's or Starbucks or Wendy's or some company with a ginormous amount of revenue.

Yes the fakers pick their targets...gotta have balls to go up against these corporate giants. I would say that they have two policies - Pay a sum to keep the customer quiet and have them sign a non disclosure upon death contract, or , they see a crack in your story and they spend thousands to discredit you and the complaint, threatening you with fraud.

Hal-9000
08-17-2015, 05:41 PM
A smart thing to do right now is....find another lizard, the same make, style and year....and then claim the exact same thing as client A. But never contact client A.

Starbucks will understand even if both customers A and B are lying, it will appear different to the public once complaint number two comes in. Correlation = truth in the public eye

HyperV12
08-17-2015, 06:23 PM
They can afford it from all the tax they don't pay over here!

deebakes
08-18-2015, 01:09 AM
:uwank: