PDA

View Full Version : Homeowner Finds Massive Wolf Spider On Her Electricity Meter

Teh One Who Knocks
08-18-2015, 11:57 AM
By Dominic Kelly - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/Knuxhzw.jpg

An Australian homeowner was horrified when she went outside to check her electricity meter and instead discovered a giant wolf spider crawling on top of it.

An image of the spider has gone viral since being posted on Reddit over the weekend, and according to reports, the creature was confirmed by Rentokil Pest Control to be a wolf spider.

The caption of the now viral image reads, “Energy Australia was unable to read your meter…”

In addition to the massive spider shown in the picture, an army of tiny little spiders is clumped together next to the giant one.

“I was looking at all the little spiders and it gave me chills," one user commented. "My skin just crawled off my body and out the door. Won't be seeing him again."

Another Reddit user tried to use some of his expertise to calm people down.

“People keep tagging me in this on Facebook because I work for an Aussie power distribution company and hate spiders,” user Stifflermate wrote. “You'll find these guys in lots of switchboards. They are harmless. Since they shed you'll find switchboards full of empty skins, so at 3 a.m. you get a fright until you realize it's just their old, empty skin laying there.”

“I had that problem on a regular basis. The fix is pretty easy,” he continued. “Buy a cat or dog flea collar and cut it half and hang it in your meter box. Spiders and other insects hate the smell or the chemicals in the pet flea collars. I also have them in my gate box and phone that got ants and other infestations. I have been infestation free for a long time now.”

Despite the solid advice, most people have been left terrified after seeing the viral picture.

Goofy
08-18-2015, 12:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/i0LrggD.jpg

Hal-9000
08-18-2015, 06:26 PM
no doubt....if I lived in Australia I'd be walking around with one of those flamethrowers from the other thread :thumbsup:

deebakes
08-19-2015, 12:40 AM
:wank:

Hugh_Janus
08-19-2015, 06:51 PM
needed a banana for scale