PDA

View Full Version : Lesnar: Rousey is 'a super athlete in a weak division'

Teh One Who Knocks
08-19-2015, 12:31 PM
By Damon Martin - FOX Sports

http://i.imgur.com/hNgs9qK.jpg
(L-R) Brock Lesnar is a Ronda Rousey fan, but also thinks she's fighting lesser competition.

Brock Lesnar knows a thing or two about being a physically gifted alpha athlete who just seems to be bigger, stronger and better than the rest of the opposition.

Whether he was winning NCAA titles, hoisting the professional wrestling world on his back or capturing the UFC heavyweight belt in only his fourth pro fight, Lesnar was a giant amongst men.

So it's understandable that he sees a lot of the same attributes that made him so good inside current UFC star Ronda Rousey, who has been equally devastating during her athletic career.

She was the first woman in history from the United States to win an Olympic medal in judo before becoming the inaugural UFC women's bantamweight champion — a title she's yet to relinquish through six title defenses.

As dominant as Rousey has been dispatching her past four opponents in a combined 130 seconds, Lesnar says that's also part of the problem she's facing in her career while trying to create a legacy before she leaves the sport of MMA behind.

"I think she's a super athlete in a weak division. I really do," Lesnar said while appearing on ESPN on Tuesday. "She is a man amongst women in the women's division. I take my hat off to her."

Lesnar gives Rousey a ton of credit for being able to maintain such an incredibly busy lifestyle while still wrecking contenders in record time inside the Octagon.

Since leaving the UFC at the end of 2011, Lesnar has spent the last three years exclusively in the WWE where he stars as one of professional wrestling's biggest attractions. Still, Lesnar works a part-time schedule and rarely makes appearances outside of his contractual obligations to the company.

Meanwhile, Rousey is writing autobiographies that are being turned into movies that she'll be starring in, she's filming movies left and right while appearing in virtually any and every interview requested and doing all of this while being hailed as the most dominant athlete in all of sports.

"She's doing an excellent job at what she's doing," Lesnar said. "I don't know how she's juggling everything — movies and this, that and the other thing, going to Brazil and kicking butt over there and doing all the stuff she's doing. My hat's off to you, Ronda."

All the compliments aside, Lesnar can't ignore the obvious, however, when addressing Rousey's current run in the UFC where she's blitzing opponents in a matter of seconds and only one person has ever taken her past the first round in her entire 12-fight career.

Rousey is the best of the best, but according to Lesnar, she's carrying an AK-47 while her opponents always seem to show up with nothing more than their fists and a prayer.

"I'm not taking any talent away from her at all," Lesnar stated, "but I think she's a super beast — a super freak in the women's division."

Hugh_Janus
08-19-2015, 06:46 PM
I have to say, the first lesnar fight I saw, I was hugely impressed with how fast that fucker could move...

deebakes
08-19-2015, 10:52 PM
he might be right :shrug: