PDA

View Full Version : Donald Trump Insists He Will Keep Saying 'Anchor Baby'

Teh One Who Knocks
08-21-2015, 11:25 AM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/iVVd6u0.png

ABC News reporter Tom Llamas told Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump that the term "anchor baby" was offensive during a town hall on Wednesday in New Hampshire (video below).

“That’s an offensive term, people find that hurtful,” Llamas told Trump, notes Mediaite.com.

Trump replied, "You mean it’s not politically correct, and yet everybody uses it."

Llamas persisted, "Look it up in the dictionary. It’s offensive!"

However, Trump was steadfast, "I’ll use the word 'anchor baby.' Excuse me, I’ll use the word 'anchor baby.'"

Trump recently revealed his plans for immigration reform on his website, which include: "End birthright citizenship. This remains the biggest magnet for illegal immigration."

However, birthright citizenship is guaranteed by the 14th Amendment in the U.S. Constitution.

The New York Daily News notes that Trump said on Wednesday that “a lot of people” don't think that applies to “anchor babies” who are born in the U.S. to parents who are not citizens.

Trump also lamented that those babies are entitled to “Social Security, Medicare, education. Give me a break! It doesn’t work that way. The parents have to come in legally.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDCVy1hBRDw

RBP
08-21-2015, 11:28 AM
Llamas persisted, "Look it up in the dictionary. It’s offensive!"

I don't think dictionaries are the arbiter of outrage.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-21-2015, 02:18 PM
He sold out a football stadium in Mobile

DemonGeminiX
08-21-2015, 02:26 PM
He sold out a football stadium in Mobile

It was originally supposed to be a small town-hall-like event but so many people RSVPed that they had it moved to the stadium.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-21-2015, 02:35 PM
I wonder if it's legit, or he's hiring people :lol:

DemonGeminiX
08-21-2015, 02:36 PM
I agree with a lot stuff that he's saying. So does a lot of people that I know around here. He ain't paying us.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-21-2015, 03:33 PM
I think the thing that will take him the farthest is not accepting donations, he won't owe anyone any favors

Teh One Who Knocks
08-21-2015, 04:50 PM
Trump is 100% right, they are fucking anchor babies trying to take advantage of the poorly worded 14th Amendment. What the hell else does the 'offended' reporter want them called? Pregnant Mexican women bust their ass to get across the border just before they give birth so their kid can be born on US soil so they won't be deported. Sounds like a fucking anchor to me.

DemonGeminiX
08-21-2015, 04:54 PM
You should go find the "offended" reporter and punch him in the face.

Hal-9000
08-21-2015, 05:19 PM
little perplexed here...

so an illegal immigrant stands on US soil and poops out a kid....how in hell is that kid 'an anchor baby' or legitimate or a citizen....whatever the new classification is called???

the child's parents were not citizens, how can their offspring be?

DemonGeminiX
08-21-2015, 05:22 PM
If the kid is born on American soil and the parents are not foreign diplomats or otherwise here in service of a different country in an official capacity, then by the 14th Amendment of the US Constitution, that child is an American citizen.

Loser
08-21-2015, 05:29 PM
Fuck trump.

All he is doing is costing the republicans the election.

Noilly Pratt
08-21-2015, 05:31 PM
little perplexed here...

so an illegal immigrant stands on US soil and poops out a kid....how in hell is that kid 'an anchor baby' or legitimate or a citizen....whatever the new classification is called???

the child's parents were not citizens, how can their offspring be?

Same applies in Canada too...

DemonGeminiX
08-21-2015, 05:35 PM

Really? I guess you guys are gonna start bitching about us crossing the border and popping out kids sooner or later.

Hal-9000
08-21-2015, 05:54 PM
If the kid is born on American soil and the parents are not foreign diplomats or otherwise here in service of a different country in an official capacity, then by the 14th Amendment of the US Constitution, that child is an American citizen.

That makes no sense (the rule, not your explanation)

It's not just a huge loophole, it's a travesty. The moment Mommy's feet hit American soil she is a criminal. She's here illegally, without documentation, so by the letter of the law she should be prosecuted.

Any child that pops out of her before/during/after her incarceration can not be legal. It makes no sense :|

Hal-9000
08-21-2015, 05:55 PM

Thanks Noilly...had no idea.

and it makes no sense for us too :|

Teh One Who Knocks
08-21-2015, 06:05 PM
That makes no sense (the rule, not your explanation)

It's not just a huge loophole, it's a travesty. The moment Mommy's feet hit American soil she is a criminal. She's here illegally, without documentation, so by the letter of the law she should be prosecuted.

Any child that pops out of her before/during/after her incarceration can not be legal. It makes no sense :|

The 14th Amendment was originally put in place for the slaves and kids of slaves that were brought here after they had been freed. But, it is so poorly worded, that it has been interpreted that ANYONE born on US soil automatically has US citizenship. The Amendment either needs to be amended to be more clear or completely repealed.

Goofy
08-21-2015, 06:26 PM
I just like the fact that Trump doesn't give a shit if he offends certain people :lol: Fuck the PC brigade!

Hikari Kisugi
08-21-2015, 06:33 PM
Trump is 100% right, they are fucking anchor babies trying to take advantage of the poorly worded 14th Amendment. What the hell else does the 'offended' reporter want them called? Pregnant Mexican women bust their ass to get across the border just before they give birth so their kid can be born on US soil so they won't be deported. Sounds like a fucking anchor to me.

Why don't you just foster off the kids and send the mother home?

DemonGeminiX
08-21-2015, 07:24 PM
I think that would be filed under "human rights abuses".

Hal-9000
08-21-2015, 07:57 PM
Stakeholder babies

is more like it :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-22-2015, 10:39 AM
You know what I find offensive? That every president we have had since Reagan (who started the whole amnesty bullshit) has turned a blind eye to the millions of fucking illegals streaming into this country. Fuck offending the illegals, secure the fucking border and stop the madness.

RBP
08-23-2015, 03:33 AM
http://i.imgur.com/poBZmjK.jpg