PDA

View Full Version : Suspect blames Satan, spells for Broward murder, carjackings

Teh One Who Knocks
08-22-2015, 11:09 AM
By Paula McMahon - Sun Sentinel

http://i.imgur.com/RFRVcGs.jpg

When Gregory Moore, the suspect in a fatal crime spree that shut down much of Broward County in December, was arrested after a two-day manhunt even he seemed incredulous at the trail of violence and destruction attributed to him.

The allegations he committed one murder, one attempted murder and five carjackings in a matter of hours were so crazy, Moore told law enforcement that people would say he was using flakka, a synthetic hallucinogen associated with bizarre behavior.

But Moore, 35, also known as Pop, denied he had used any drugs, saying his body didn't handle them well.

In a three-hour video-recorded interview with agents and police from the FBI's violent crimes task force on Dec. 3, Moore did not quite confess and did not quite deny he was responsible for murdering his ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend, Johnson St. Louis, 31, of Sunrise, attempting to murder his ex-girlfriend, Danielle Roland, and trying or succeeding in carjacking five people on Dec. 2.

Prosecutors played some of Moore's statement publicly for the first time during a hearing Friday in federal court in West Palm Beach and released 65 pages of the interview transcript.

In a series of rambling declarations, he suggested Satan was to blame, someone had put a spell on him, the crimes were nothing he would do in his right mind and that perhaps his brain had "split."

"I don't [know] what it is, man, somebody did Satan to me, put Satan in my brain, man, it made my brain...," Moore told Gerard Starkey, a Doral police officer with the FBI task force.

"I don't know man, it's a spell on me, man, just like my brain, man..." Moore said later in the interview. "Something like split my brain, it ain't no snap, man, a snap, Mr. Gerry, if a person snapped man, they don't... I don't know, man, because I don't know, man, people, when people snap, I guess they do a whole lot more things, man."

Moore, handcuffed, shackled and wearing dark blue jail scrubs, appeared to be crying in court as he watched the short portion of video.

Moore's lawyer, Richard Della Fera, asked U.S. District Judge Kenneth Marra to preclude prosecutors from using Moore's statement in his trial on 10 federal charges, including the carjackings, currently scheduled for October.

Moore, the father of eight children, is facing a separate trial in state court in Broward for first-degree murder and attempted murder. State prosecutors have not yet decided whether to seek the death penalty or life in prison if he is convicted.

Moore has pleaded not guilty to all the charges and is locked up without bond, pending both trials. The spree shut down much of Interstate 95 and neighboring areas between Fort Lauderdale and Hallandale Beach. Moore was arrested a day later at a Tri-Rail station in West Palm Beach.

Della Fera argued Friday that Moore's statement should not be admitted as evidence because Moore said, "I don't wanna go through this, man" as investigators were explaining his rights, and, "Oh man, I don't wanna do this" just before signing that he understood his rights and was agreeing to speak.

Prosecutors said the video shows Moore wanted to speak and that he kept talking to agents in a calm, respectful way for three hours. They said the video shows agents stopping Moore as he tried to sign the form before they fully explained his rights. They also said the video makes it clear that Moore, who had served prior prison terms, was talking about not wanting to go back to jail and go through the judicial process.

The judge said he would issue a ruling in the next few weeks.

deebakes
08-22-2015, 02:27 PM
:racist:

Satan
08-22-2015, 02:59 PM
Yo momma.

[-(

PorkChopSandwiches
08-22-2015, 03:17 PM
Wakka Flakka Flame