PDA

View Full Version : Why Do I Always Attract The Crazies - Hey, I Can't Make This Stuff Up!

Oofty Goofty
06-05-2011, 08:30 PM
So ... this morning I decided to get an early start mowing my yard to avoid the Texas mid-day heat. Just me in my own little world mowing the yard, minding my own business, not bothering anyone, and wanting nothing more than for no one to bother me.

At 9:00 AM a pick-up truck stops on the side street next to my house, and a young Hispanic man gets out and heads toward me. I figured he was going to ask me if I wanted him to mow my yard, as another crazy did - but no!

He tells me he has a bad hang-over and asks if I can give him some beer! I told him that I don't drink (actually the truth), so I don't have any beer in my house. He then asks me if any of my neighbors might have some beer. I reminded him that it was only 9:00 AM on a Sunday morning and they are all probably still in bed sleeping off their own hang-over. After a minute, and realizing he's getting nowhere, he got back in the truck and left.

I seem to have more than my fair share of this type of encounter.

RBP
06-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Get me some beer! :x

:lol: That's bizarre. :wtf:

redred
06-05-2011, 09:28 PM
i can beat this ,the new how i'm moving to, i've removed some asbestos pipe work , you know the killer stuff in 30 years,anyway it's on the front drive so wednesday i'm sat having lunch with the family plus 3 heating guys working in my house (after since finding out to get rid of this stuff i need to double bag it and phone the local council to tell them i'm bring it to the local tip and getting rid of it)so a plain van pulls up out side 1 man 1 girl ( 2 1/2 on the :wank: scale) excuse me sir (me a sir ? :lol:) with your permission can i take your asbestos ? my jaw dropped and the rest of the faces turned into:huh: the next words were yes of course as we watched them throw this stuff into the back of their van

Softdreamer
06-05-2011, 10:18 PM
I reminded him that it was only 9:00 AM on a Sunday morning

Why weren't you on your way to church??

Oofty Goofty
06-06-2011, 01:36 AM
Why weren't you on your way to church??

I had just returned home from sunrise service :angel:

Hal-9000
06-06-2011, 04:49 PM
:lol: blatant enough to canvass for a beer from a stranger...

I live next to a park and have had everything from making 911 calls to a guy asking to use my phone...I ask what for, he replies - You look cool...I'm supposed to be picking up (drug slang for purchasing) in this park and I think my guy is lost :lol:

Noilly Pratt
06-06-2011, 06:07 PM
I guess you have that "approachable" kind of face. I get my share too...one guy when I was at a corner store asked if I wanted to buy a telephone from him...he had it in his hand right there.

Out of all the 50 tourists on a bus in Jamaica, one local singles me out and says "Ganj, mon?"

Whenever I go to comedy clubs, I'm usually singled out as the audience volunteer.

You've got a "this dude looks helpful" face I guess...