PDA

View Full Version : Swedish model condemns her 'absurd' industry after she is deemed 'way too big' by agencies who told the 19-year-old her 'butt is too large' and her 'hips are too wide'

Teh One Who Knocks
08-26-2015, 11:06 AM
By Sara Malm for MailOnline

A Swedish model has hit out at the absurd standards in her industry after she is branded 'too big', despite being classified as underweight.

Agnes Hedengård, 19, from Arvika, in south-east Sweden has revealed that she is struggling to get work due to her size, forcing her to leave full-time modelling.

The teenager describes how, even though she has a Body Mass Index of just 17.5, she is being told to 'get into shape' by agencies and clients.

http://i.imgur.com/IVXpNkB.jpg

In a video posted on her YouTube channel, Agnes is seen standing in front of a mirror in her underwear, as she reveals that after five years as a model, work has dried up.

'I don't get any more jobs since the industry thinks I'm too big.

Pointing at her body, the teenager adds: 'They think this is too big. They think my butt is too big, and they thinks my hips are too wide.

'According to the modelling industry, you cannot look like this. You need to be thinner.

'I have been in contact with big agencies and clients that really wants to work with me, but as soon as they get hold of my measurements, its a whole other story.'

http://i.imgur.com/9H1DOXi.png

'They are like "no, she's too big", "she needs to get in a better shape, we will not work with her", "whoah, no, she's way too big".

At 5ft11in(180cm), the teenager has a Body Mass Index of 17.5 - with 'normal weight' BMI ranging from 18.5 to 25, this classifies her as underweight.

Despite this, Agnes, who has been working as a model has since the age of 15, and came third in Sweden's Next Top Model last year, is being told she needs to lose weight.

She is no longer able to make a living from modelling, and now works as a sales assistant in Stockholm.

http://i.imgur.com/HRA0WPU.png

In the video, she adds that the point of her filming herself in her underwear, is to make a point that a body like hers is considered 'too big', and that the fashion industry thinks that a model 'should not look like this'.

'It's absurd and I hate it. And just want other people to see this.

'You guys, I'm too big!', she adds, twirling in front of the camera. 'Too big for the industry!'

Speaking to Swedish woman's magazine Veckorevyn, Agnes reveals how she works 'very little' as a model, and instead makes a living as a sales assistant in a shop.

http://i.imgur.com/kyXNCRW.png

'I can't get booked for any jobs, or I don't get enough to make a living out of it. Modelling is more like a part time job now.

'I gave [the modelling world] a shot for a year - I barely ate and counting calories was a daily chore. I have anorectic thoughts, but I fight them constantly.

'It's hard, but if you put all the energy you normally would waste on these eating disorter-thoughts towards instead loving yourself, the bad comments are like water off a duck's back.'

Last year, the Swedish beauty, then only 56kg(some 8st11lbs) to her 5ft11 body, wrote on her blog how she needed to lose 1-2cm around her waist and that her hips needed to 'shrink' from 91cm (35.8in) to 87-88cm (34in).

She describes how she exercises every day to maintain her body, going for 50-60 minute runs and hitting the gym two to three times a week and follows a strict diet.

DemonGeminiX
08-26-2015, 01:53 PM
:huh:

Are they fucking nuts? She's beautiful.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-26-2015, 02:19 PM
She's a cow :hand:

Pony
08-26-2015, 04:30 PM
:huh:

Are they fucking nuts? She's beautiful.

I think she's full of shit.

DemonGeminiX
08-26-2015, 04:32 PM
Just trying to get her name out there?

Pony
08-26-2015, 04:35 PM
Yep, I think she's desperate now that her 15 minutes are over.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-26-2015, 04:47 PM
:hitit:

Hal-9000
08-26-2015, 04:56 PM
5 guys, 1 Vivid contract, 200000 dollars :thumbsup:

Goofy
08-26-2015, 07:22 PM
Far too skinny :hand:

deebakes
08-26-2015, 11:31 PM
:doggybanana: