PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey Waitress Pays Cancer Patient's Bill

Teh One Who Knocks
08-31-2015, 11:51 AM
By Sean Kelly - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/VU9Ceas.jpg

A waitress in New Jersey paid it forward by paying the bill for a cancer patient and his wife.

Daniela Bossi, a friend of Rick and Annette Lewallen, waited on the couple at Brother’s Pizza in Hamilton, New Jersey, on Thursday night. Rick and his wife spent a rare night out after a months-long battle with brain cancer, which has cost the couple a significant amount in medical bills since April.

When it came time to pay the bill, 17-year-old Bossi returned with a note instead of a check.

“For putting up the biggest fight, this one is on me,” Bossi wrote. "With great love, Brother's Pizza." Bossi covered the bill with tips she made over the course of the night.

Rick, who according to his wife is usually stoic, became emotional after learning of the kind gesture.

“It was a vote for humanity,” he said. “I've finally stopped crying about it."

Rick’s wife said the chemo and radiation he’s been receiving have not diminished his drive and energy.

“He's a real positive guy,” Annette said. “He still rides his bike and during the treatment he still walked eight miles a day to keep up his exercise.''

Following their friend’s act of kindness, Annette took to Facebook to praise Bossi.

“The world is a better place because of people like you,” her post read. “We are overwhelmed with her kindness.''

Bossi said that after she paid for the couple's meal, her bosses applauded the gesture and reimbursed her for the cost.

“They told me they were behind me 100 percent,” she said. The teen said her decision to help out the couple was a simple one, as they’d been there for her family in the past — especially her sister, who is best friends with one of the Lewallens' kids.

“I did it because their family has always been there for my little sister,” she said.

Goofy
08-31-2015, 11:53 AM
Still some good people in the world :)

perrhaps
08-31-2015, 10:37 PM
I spent my first 9 years less than a mile from this place. I'm going to call them tomorrow and buy some gift certificates for some old friends.

deebakes
08-31-2015, 10:54 PM
:wank: