PDA

View Full Version : Kanye West rants at VMAs: I have decided to 'run for president'

Teh One Who Knocks
09-01-2015, 10:53 AM
FOX 411

http://i.imgur.com/kIWlJ0o.jpg

In typical Kanye West fashion, the rapper delivered a rambling, nonsensical speech when he was presented with the Video Vanguard Award at the 2015 VMAs on Sunday night.

Taylor Swift politely presented Kim Kardashian’s husband with the award, and after he stood silently on stage for several moments, he ranted about crashing Taylor Swift’s award acceptance speech six years ago.

Then, in a seemingly never-ending soliloquy West bashed MTV for reairing the clip of him interrupting Swift on stage and for having her present him with the award.

“I don’t understand award shows!” West ranted. “F—k that, bro”

At one point in his speech, West said he was on drugs.

“Ya’ll might be wondering, 'did he smoke something before he came out here?' The answer is yes, I rolled up a little something. I [took] the edge off.”

He drifted between topics, often speaking about kids and society.

“I don’t know what’s going to happen tonight. I don’t know what’s going to happen tomorrow, bro. But all I can say to my fellow artists, is just worry about how you feel at the time.”

Surprising no one, West said he is self-assured.

“I’m confident. I believe in myself. We [are] the millennials, bro. This is a new mentality. We are not going to control our kids with brands. We are not going to teach low self-esteem and hate to our kids. We are going to teach our kids… to believe in themselves.”

At one point, he insisted, “It ain’t about me. It’s about ideas, bro.”

He ended his speech by declaring he would run for president.

“And yes, as you probably could have guessed by this moment, I have decided, in 2020, to run for president.”

Goofy
09-01-2015, 10:54 AM
Fuck off Kanye, no-one cares anymore :hand:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-01-2015, 04:06 PM
:suicide:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-01-2015, 04:08 PM
We [are] the millennials, bro. This is a new mentality. We are not going to control our kids with brands. We are not going to teach low self-esteem and hate to our kids. We are going to teach our kids… to believe in themselves.

:serious:

DemonGeminiX
09-01-2015, 06:05 PM
Idiot kids would vote for him.

deebakes
09-01-2015, 11:23 PM
Fuck off Kanye, no-one cares anymore :hand:

shut up meg :x

redred
09-02-2015, 01:43 PM
if i could i'd vote for him to be president for you guys , then return to living in the UK :lol:

DemonGeminiX
09-02-2015, 02:10 PM
if i could i'd vote for him to be president for you guys , then return to living in the UK :lol:

Idiot kids would vote for him.

:-s

Hal-9000
09-02-2015, 05:57 PM
Things like this are scary. If a person gets enough votes..

DemonGeminiX
09-02-2015, 06:09 PM
Hopefully the electoral college would have a lot more sense.

PorkChopSandwiches
09-02-2015, 06:23 PM
Things like this are scary. If a person gets enough votes..

Hopefully the electoral college would have a lot more sense.

Hal thinks the average American has some kind of vote that matters :lol:

Hal, when voting for president unless you are part of the electoral college your vote doesn't mean shit, they are supposed to vote as the people they represent want them to, but are not required and can ultimately vote for whoever they feel like. So all us averge Joes just cast a vote to feel better, but not to make a difference

Teh One Who Knocks
09-02-2015, 06:29 PM

Hal, when voting for president unless you are part of the electoral college your vote doesn't mean shit, they are supposed to vote as the people they represent want them to, but are not required and can ultimately vote for whoever they feel like. So all us averge Joes just cast a vote to feel better, but not to make a difference

I am pretty sure, at least in the last 150 years, that the Electoral College has never voted contrary to how the popular vote in each state has gone.

PorkChopSandwiches
09-02-2015, 06:51 PM
I am pretty sure, at least in the last 150 years, that the Electoral College has never voted contrary to how the popular vote in each state has gone.

157 times https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faithless_elector

In 157 instances, electors have cast their votes for President or Vice President in a manner different from that prescribed by the legislature of the state they represented. Of those, 71 votes were changed because the original candidate died before the elector was able to cast a vote. Three votes were not cast at all when electors chose to abstain from casting their electoral vote for any candidate.[8] The remaining 83 were changed by the elector's personal interest, or perhaps by accident. Usually, the faithless electors act alone. An exception was the U.S. presidential election of 1836, in which 23 Virginia electors conspired to change their vote together.

As of the 2012 presidential election, there has been only one occasion when faithless electors prevented an expected winner from winning the electoral college vote outright: in 1836, twenty-three faithless electors prevented Richard Mentor Johnson, the expected candidate, from winning the majority of votes for the Vice Presidency. However, Johnson was promptly elected Vice President by the U.S. Senate in February 1837; therefore, faithless electors have never changed the expected final outcome of the entire election process.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-02-2015, 06:55 PM
You just proved my point, it's never happened. The person that won the election for President has always won, the Electoral College has never gone against the will of the people.

Hugh_Janus
09-02-2015, 07:01 PM
can you imagine this guy being the most powerful man on the planet?

:shudder:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-02-2015, 07:09 PM
157 times https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faithless_elector

In 157 instances, electors have cast their votes for President or Vice President in a manner different from that prescribed by the legislature of the state they represented.

You just proved my point, it's never happened. The person that won the election for President has always won, the Electoral College has never gone against the will of the people.

:-k

Goofy
09-02-2015, 08:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/i6UMomc.png

PorkChopSandwiches
09-02-2015, 08:28 PM
:lol:

DemonGeminiX
09-02-2015, 09:38 PM
Ok, well if the electoral college wouldn't have enough sense to avert that catastrophe, I certainly hope that some racist motherfucker with an arsenal twice the size as Lance's would.

DemonGeminiX
09-02-2015, 09:39 PM
Or maybe the secret service would kill him on principle alone.

Hal-9000
09-03-2015, 06:00 PM

:-k

We vote for a constituent that represents the party...for the most part it's usually Progressive Conservatives ( Republicans ) vs the Liberals ( Democrats ).

You said unless you're part of the electoral college your vote doesn't mean shit...how does one get into the electoral college and how come every American is not in it already before a vote?

From what you said, why even have people voting if the votes aren't included in the election? Makes no sense at all...