PDA

View Full Version : High School Students Stage Walkout Over Transgender Teen Using Girls' Locker Room

Teh One Who Knocks
09-01-2015, 11:37 AM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/vYFQ6uL.png

There was a walkout at Hillsboro High School in Missouri today to protest a transgender student, Lila Perry, who wanted to use the female locker room during gym class (video below).

Perry was born a male, self-identified her gender identity as female at age 13, but let school officials know this semester of her intentions to use female facilities. The disclosure caused controversy last week among parents during a school board meeting, reported KTVI, and today with students on campus.

“There’s a lot of ignorance, I don't, they are claiming that they’re uncomfortable," Perry told News 4. "I don’t believe for a second they are. I think this is pure and simple bigotry."

Over 150 students walked out of the school for about two hours, however, about 30-40 showed support for Perry.

School administrators and Perry feared for her safety, so the senior was locked inside the principal’s office during the walkout, reports St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Perry told News 4 that school officials offered her a private gender-neutral restroom, which she turned down.

“I wasn’t hurting anyone and I didn’t want to feel segregated out," Perry added. "I didn’t want to be in the gender-neutral bathroom. I wanted to be, I am girl, I shouldn’t have to be pushed away, and just off to another bathroom."

Perry has dropped out of gym class for safety reasons, but is planning to continue to use the female bathroom facilities.

However, students and parents who were interviewed by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch were strongly in favor of banning Perry from female facilities.

Superintendent Aaron D. Cornman said in a written statement today that the school district respected the students' right to free speech, but added:

[N]o matter race, nationality/ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation. We will promote tolerance and acceptance of all students that attend our district while not tolerating bullying/harassing behaviors of any type in any form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVkhWUZjl70

Goofy
09-01-2015, 11:41 AM
Perry was born a male, self-identified her gender identity as female at age 13

I self-identify as an aardvark :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-01-2015, 11:44 AM
I wish they had this bullshit when I was back in high school. I would have 'self identified' as a female every day when it was time to change and/or shower after gym class :thumbsup:

Griffin
09-01-2015, 10:12 PM
I have a solution for all this bullshit.
Take down all signs that say Girls/Boys, Men/Women, Male/Female, and the signs that have pant stickpeople/skirted stickpeople.
Replace those signs with a penis or vagina.

Problem solved.

deebakes
09-01-2015, 11:13 PM
I wish they had this bullshit when I was back in high school. I would have 'self identified' as a female every day when it was time to change and/or shower after gym class :thumbsup:

i think the erection might give you away as not belonging :lol:

Loser
09-01-2015, 11:15 PM
Homeschool the attention seeking freak.

Hal-9000
09-02-2015, 05:35 PM
I have a solution for all this bullshit.
Take down all signs that say Girls/Boys, Men/Women, Male/Female, and the signs that have pant stickpeople/skirted stickpeople.
Replace those signs with a penis or vagina.

Problem solved.

I was thinking the same thing. What type of equipment do you currently own? Hose...go into this room. Slit...go into that room.

Easy

HyperV12
09-02-2015, 08:11 PM
i think the erection might give you away as not belonging :lol:

Would they have noticed?

See ya after the ban. :outtahere: