PDA

View Full Version : N.J. daycare workers allegedly staged, filmed children in 'fight club'

Teh One Who Knocks
09-02-2015, 11:12 AM
By Tom Haydon | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

http://i.imgur.com/PD3vJkl.jpg

CRANFORD — Two former employees of a child daycare center have been charged with instigating fights among a dozen children, ages 4 to 6, recording the incidents and calling them a "fight club," authorities said today.

Erica Kenny, 22, of Cranford and Chanese White, 28, of Roselle both are charged with fourth-degree child abuse for the alleged fights at the Lightbridge Academy daycare center on South Avenue East, acting Union County Prosecutor Grace Park said.

She said Kenny additionally is charged with third-degree endangering the welfare of a child.

The fights were staged on at least one day in mid-August, according to Union County Assistant Prosecutor Michael Sheets, who is prosecuting the case.

Kenny is further accused of recording video of the fights with her cell phone and sharing the video clips with several friends on social media via the Snapchat app, Sheets said.

He said that in the video clips, Kenny can be heard referencing the activity as "Fight Club," quoting from the book and movie of the same name in encouraging the children to engage each other physically.

Approximately a dozen boys and girls at the daycare center can be seen in the video clips shoving each other to the ground and attempting to strike each other, he said.

None of the children involved in the fights is believed to have suffered any serious injuries.

Lightbridge Academy issued a statement saying there was an incident on Aug. 13 when two former employees urged children to push and shove each other on the center's fenced-in playground.

"As parents and caregivers, we are shocked and saddened by this isolated incident," said Brenda Febbo, vice president of sales and marketing for Lightbridge Academy. "We have a zero tolerance policy for anyone who acts in conflict with the core value of Lightbridge Academy - the safety and well being of children."

Febbo said the 18-year-old child care company is cooperating with the prosecutor's office and as been in communication with parents.

The company was previously named Rainbow Academy, and has more than 20 different locations in the state.

"We sincerely thank our parents and dedicated staff for their support and patience," Febbo said.

Union parent Danielle Frost, whose son was in White and Kenny's class in the 2013-2014 school year, said she was shocked to hear the news about Lightbridge.

"It's really freaking me out at the moment," she told NJ Advance Media. "I want to go home and ask my son if he saw anything like this. He came home with a broken finger once, and now I'm worried about what happened while he was there."

The investigation into this matter remains ongoing, and anyone with information is being urged to contact Prosecutor's Office Detective Joanne Son at 908-527-4696.

Third-degree crimes carry a maximum penalty upon conviction of five years in state prison. Fourth-degree crimes carry a maximum 18-month sentence upon conviction.

DemonGeminiX
09-02-2015, 02:26 PM
:nono:

The first rule of fight club is you do not talk about fight club.

Hal-9000
09-02-2015, 05:40 PM
The first rule of fight club is you do not pee your pants

deebakes
09-03-2015, 12:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P87lAcv4DfU