PDA

View Full Version : Preschool Worker Suspended After Complaining About Kids On Facebook

Teh One Who Knocks
09-02-2015, 11:40 AM
By Laurne Briggs - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/QrPMJot.jpg

A preschool in Scotland has suspended one of its workers after she took to Facebook to berate children she was caring for, calling them "wankers" and "arseholes."

Forgewood Nursery Centre trainee Hayley Neeson, 18, said that she had just returned to work from summer break and quickly reached her breaking point after several of the youngsters misbehaved, according to the Mirror.

"First day back at work," she wrote on Facebook Monday night. "Been in the room for at least 10 minutes and already been bitten, spat on, head butted and told to f**k off. Lovely manners of three year old children, bunch ae wankers."

Sixteen friends liked her post. One commented, "Forgie weans for you," and Neeson responded with a fist emoji and the words, "Aye...arseholes."

Hours later, parents flooded the preschool with complaints.

"They are only kids, and for a nursery nurse to be putting things like that up it’s unbelievable," an angry mother said, according to the Daily Record. "Parents of these children pay professionals to look after their wee ones when they have to go to work and this is the person that they are trusting with their kids?"

The mother explained that Neeson deleted the post as soon as it started to get negative attention, but people had already taken a screenshot and shared it.

“Her attitude is absolutely disgusting and she deserves to be sacked," the mother added.

Another mother said she called the preschool and was told that they had already received 27 complaints and subsequently suspended Neeson.

"I was so shocked when I saw her post, I couldn’t believe this was someone who worked with young children," she said.

"I think she should have been sacked for talking about people's children like that," she added. "She is supposed to be a professional and is paid to care for the children."

Neeson remains suspended pending an investigation. Both she and the nursery declined to comment on the situation.

redred
09-02-2015, 11:49 AM
Seems fair , I've seen lots or parents say bad things about teachers on social media

Pony
09-02-2015, 11:53 AM
How dare her say those horrible things about my little monster Angel.

DemonGeminiX
09-02-2015, 02:23 PM
No child should be dropping the f-bomb, let alone all the physical crap. Sounds like a zoo rather than a daycare. Those parents should be punched in the face.

HyperV12
09-02-2015, 06:50 PM
When will people learn that putting anything anywhere on the inter webs is the same as shouting it from the rooftops?

Goofy
09-02-2015, 07:34 PM
By Laurne Briggs - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/QrPMJot.jpg

She looks very very innocent :wank:

HyperV12
09-02-2015, 08:05 PM
She looks very very innocent :wank:

18 and from Motherwell, I sincerely doubt it! :lol:

Goofy
09-02-2015, 08:08 PM
Bellshill, Rangers country :ok:

HyperV12
09-02-2015, 08:18 PM

That settles it then. Hussy!

Goofy
09-02-2015, 08:24 PM
Durty hun hussy!

DemonGeminiX
09-02-2015, 09:33 PM
So she puts out? I'm coming over for a visit, Goof.

deebakes
09-03-2015, 12:14 AM
:doggybanana:

Hal-9000
09-03-2015, 09:51 PM
I'm starting to see RBP's point. If these people are posting their opinions on their own time, using their own social media accounts, they can't be held accountable or be penalized by the employers.

Example - If I worked for Pizza Hut and said on my FB account that the customers are idiots and wankers, yes Pizza Hut probably wouldn't like the negative publicity linked to one of their staff.

But like in the story above, how in the hell do parents of a pre-school see these comments on her Facebook account? And let's say one of the parents is a friend on FB, does that mean they get to start making her life difficult because she's venting?

HyperV12
09-03-2015, 10:48 PM
Evidently it does. Nowadays with FB,Twitter etc the 6 degrees of separation rule applies even more!

Teh One Who Knocks
09-03-2015, 10:50 PM
So she puts out? I'm coming over for a visit, Goof.

Careful laddie, they're a wee bit daft up there :ok:

:theyareontome:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-03-2015, 10:50 PM

http://i.imgur.com/4g7Rmqg.jpg

RBP
09-03-2015, 11:19 PM
I'm starting to see RBP's point. If these people are posting their opinions on their own time, using their own social media accounts, they can't be held accountable or be penalized by the employers.

Example - If I worked for Pizza Hut and said on my FB account that the customers are idiots and wankers, yes Pizza Hut probably wouldn't like the negative publicity linked to one of their staff.

But like in the story above, how in the hell do parents of a pre-school see these comments on her Facebook account? And let's say one of the parents is a friend on FB, does that mean they get to start making her life difficult because she's venting?

because some asshole screenshots it for the purpose of sharing it where she never intended it to be shared.

It's really not that different than having a private conversation taped and then distributed without your permission. That is illegal in many places. No such protections exist for internet posts.