PDA

View Full Version : Vanderbilt University Women's Center Plans Event To Lecture Men On Healthy Masculinity

Teh One Who Knocks
09-04-2015, 11:59 AM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/00hNOe2.png

Vanderbilt University’s Margaret Cuninggim Women’s Center is sponsoring a “Healthy Masculinities Week” from Sept. 10-17 on the school's Nashville, Tennessee, campus.

According to the center's web page, the week will "[e]xplore healthy masculinity through various lenses: American society, the gay and bisexual community, fraternities, and more."

MRCTV reports that an ad for “Healthy Masculinities Week" that was emailed to the student body (and appears on the center's web page) shows a silhouette of a man with a thought bubble that says: "Man Up," “Don’t Cry,” “Have Sex,” “Major In Business” and “Play Sports," which apparently represent thoughts of unhealthy masculinity.

The “Healthy Masculinities Week” seminars listed on the center's web page include:

"The Macho Paradox: Why some men hurt and how all men can help"

"Maintaining 'Bro' Status: Fraternity men discuss masculinity and mental health"

"Masc 4 Masc: Policing masculinity in the gay and bi communities"

"Masculinity XXL? The portrayal of manhood in Magic Mike"

"The Mask You Live In: Documentary screening and discussion"

While the event appears to target men, it is open to men and women.

Goofy
09-04-2015, 12:06 PM
I wonder who foots the bill for this fucking pish :-k

RBP
09-04-2015, 03:08 PM
I wonder who foots the bill for this fucking pish :-k
As importantly, who wrote the series and what is their agenda?

HyperV12
09-04-2015, 03:08 PM
Jesus H Christ on a bike! :facepalm:

HyperV12
09-04-2015, 03:11 PM
As importantly, who wrote the series and what is their agenda?

Oh because we're currently doing it wrong apparently, you can bet your ass it's a woman.