PDA

View Full Version : Man cited after paying bill with 2,500 pennies

Teh One Who Knocks
06-06-2011, 12:33 PM
The Associated Press

VERNAL, Utah – A Utah man has been cited on a charge of disorderly conduct after paying for a disputed medical bill with 2,500 pennies.

The Deseret News of Salt Lake City reports Jason West went to Basin Clinic in Vernal on May 27 prepared to dispute an outstanding $25 bill.

Assistant Vernal Police Chief Keith Campbell says that after asking staff members whether they accepted cash, West dumped 2,500 pennies on the counter and demanded that staff count them.

Campbell says the incident upset staff because pennies were strewn about the counter and floor, and West's action served "no legitimate purpose."

Police later issued the 38-year-old West a citation for disorderly conduct. That carries a fine of as much as $140. Or 14,000 pennies.

Muddy
06-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Haha.. Pay the fine in pennies...

Teh One Who Knocks
06-06-2011, 12:40 PM
He probably could have gotten away with it if they had been all rolled up, but since he dumped them out (probably being an ass while doing it) and causing them to go all over, well then, that's his fault :lol:

Arkady Renko
06-06-2011, 12:52 PM
maybe he'll learn from his mistakes and hand them the next fine in neat rolls now.

beowulf
06-06-2011, 12:58 PM
$25!.........thats just £15/euro 17!.........such a small amount its not worth being an arse about it!

once worked with a guy, got a speeding ticket from a camera............went and paid his 80 quid fine all in loose change....had no problem...........thing is 3 days later he got caught speeding by the same camera!!!!! :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
06-06-2011, 01:11 PM
$25!.........thats just £15/euro 17!.........such a small amount its not worth being an arse about it!

I'm sure he thought he was doing one of those "I'll Show Them!" deals....well I guess he showed them alright :lol:

AntZ
06-06-2011, 01:43 PM
I remember a story, some years ago, where a guy used a bunch of $2 bills to pay at Best Buy. The assholes there called the police because they said that $2 bills don't exist! The cops came, arrested him and called the Secret Service. The $2 bills were real B.T.W. :roll: I don't know who the bigger idiots are, the lame asses at Best Buy, or the Cops that are hired now?

Hal-9000
06-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Years ago we instituted a new tax called the GST and one business owner got a little miffed....he paid his GST bill to the government in loonies (one dollar coins) and I believe it was 3500 dollars.He used a wheelbarrow and was not kind about it at the bank.

He was heralded as a hero because what he was really protesting was making his customers pay extra.