PDA

View Full Version : Mother Allegedly Shot 5-Year-Old Son After Argument With Boyfriend

Teh One Who Knocks
09-08-2015, 12:13 PM
By Jordan Smith - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/dsf4X9x.jpg

A 23-year-old woman was charged Sunday after allegedly pulling the trigger of a handgun and causing the death of her 5-year-old son.

Lisa Hall had been drinking with her boyfriend and had been arguing early Saturday morning, according to a witness.Then at approximately 7:15 a.m., the witness heard a pop as a single gunshot was fired.

Hall is accused of pulling the handgun on her boyfriend but hitting her son who was standing next to him, the Kansas City Star reported.

Hall initially told police that an intruder entered the home and fired the weapon, killing her son. Hall’s boyfriend initially stated that another man was in the room at the time, but this was contradicted by the other witness.

Hall’s son, Jesse, was struck in the head. Although he was rushed to hospital, he later died of his injuries.

According to friends, Hall and her boyfriend had a dysfunctional relationship. One friend tried to help Hall end the relationship, but she refused.

“It led up to that. It just didn't happen overnight and this baby was shot. It was leading up to that. As friends and family we see that going on in our community. Speak up about it. Stand out and say no let's get help for this family,” said Rosilyn Temple, who runs the Mothers in Charge support group, which assists mothers who have lost their sons, Fox 4 reported.

Temple added that although Hall is the accused in Jesse’s death, she still intends to offer assistance.

“As a mother, I feel for her,” Temple added. “My heart cries out for her and the child.”

Hall was taken to hospital immediately after the incident. The Star reported that she was in a highly emotional state.

“Still wanna reach out. I still wanna reach out. I don't know what the mother's story was. We all have a past,” Temple said.

The son of Hall’s boyfriend was in the room at the time of the shooting, but was physically unharmed.

Hall has been charged with endangering the welfare of a child and unlawful use of a firearm.

Her bond has been set at $150,000.

Goofy
09-08-2015, 12:21 PM
:pewpew: