PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Mother Arrested For Driving Drunk With Eight Children In The Car

Teh One Who Knocks
09-09-2015, 12:31 PM
By Brendan Kelly - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/3idG2BT.jpg

According to Madison County, Indiana, police, a young mother drove drunk while eight children were in the car.

Around 8:00 p.m. Saturday, Madison County police were called to investigate a property damage accident, Fox 59 reported. At the scene was a blue 2000 GMC Jimmy on the side of the road.

Jenny Karkosky, 26, was driving the vehicle, reportedly on a suspended license.

A test showed that her blood alcohol level was .16, twice the legal limit.

At the time of the incident, Karkosky was driving her own two children, three children belonging to family friend Joshua Dillard, and three children she was in the process of adopting. The kids were between ages of 3 and 12.

Dillard said that he has known Karkosky for years and that she is considered part of his family, but that he was horrified to hear what happened.

Fortunately, nobody in the car was hurt.

Karkosky told police that she was driving the children home from swimming when the SUV bottomed out and slid off the road. The officers smelled alcohol on her breath and she told them that she'd had three beers.

"It was a bad judgment call," Dillard told WTHR News. "She's gonna have to live with this for the rest of her life."

Karkosky is a veteran and according to Dillard, a friend who is in need of help.

"She's done a lot for our country," he said. "She's done a lot for our family. We do a lot for each other. I'm not OK with it, you know, but I don't hate her. I just don't like the decision that she made.

"Nobody was hurt and she's been very apologetic and I've offered my support to the family and to her personally since everything's happened. It's going to be a rough time for her kids too. She has expressed a lot of remorse over this. We have to forgive. You know, we have to forgive, but we can't forget what happened."

According to Fox 59, Karkosky has been charged with the following:

1 count operating while intoxicated previous convictions: minor passenger in the vehicle, a level 6 felony
8 counts of neglect of a dependent child, a level 6 felony
1 count driving on a suspended driver’s license