PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay Lohan in Custody After Pleading Not Guilty to Necklace Theft

Teh One Who Knocks
02-09-2011, 11:26 PM
by Natalie Finn - E! Online

http://i.imgur.com/EY1BX.jpg

Being charged with a felony is not so grand.

Lindsay Lohan got a good scolding from a judge and was then taken into custody after pleading not guilty this afternoon to stealing a $2,500 necklace from a Venice jewelry store.

Prosecutors had asked that the judge demand $20,000 bail for the felony charge and another $20,000 for alleged probation violation. Lohan has been on probation since 2007 for two DUI busts. A judge extended her sentence in 2009 until Aug. 11, 2011.

But though, once again, a bail bondsman was present and Lohan isn't planning to spend a significant amount of time locked up, she didn't escape the wag of the finger.

"You're in a different situation now that a felony has been filed against you," Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Keith Schwartz told her. "Although people have been courteous, in this court's opinion, in only requesting $20,000 on the probation violation, you now have a pending felony case. So, in the interim, while this case is percolating until a resolution is reached, if you violate the law, I will remand you and set no bail."

"A felony is a different situation," he added. "You need to follow the laws just like everyone else. You're no different than anyone else so please don't push your luck because things will be different."

Deputy D.A. Danette Meyers told the court that Lohan had sent flowers to the store she allegedly stole from, whose owners asked in turn that Lohan be barred from contacting them any further.

Schwartz duly ordered the starlet, who was clad in a slim-fitting white dress, to not go to the store or contact the alleged victims.

Lohan's next hearing was set for Feb. 23 when, the judge said, they would try to "settle the case."

On the flip side, Lohan will be treated to a nutritious, preschool-reminiscent snack during the booking process, according to defense attorney Alec Rose (who is not associated with the Lohan case).

"She gets two pieces of wheat bread, a tube or peanut butter, two peanut butter cookies, and a banana," says Rose. "Unfortunately, no glass of milk."

Godfather
02-09-2011, 11:42 PM
Sounds like this Rose guy is all jokes?!

Hopefully the little shit goes to jail and can enjoy pre-school snacks every day.

At first it was funny but this little hoe-bag is just a drain on society

minz
02-10-2011, 12:24 AM
I always thought that a violation of probation meant instant lock up?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-10-2011, 12:27 AM
I always thought that a violation of probation meant instant lock up?

It does, that's why she was taken into custody. But since this was an arraignment hearing, she is allowed to post bail and get out of jail while awaiting trial.

Godfather
02-10-2011, 12:29 AM
I imagine there's hard evidence if they're going to prosecute in a high-profile case like this? Video or something?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-10-2011, 12:36 AM
I would have to assume the DA has something up their sleeve or else they wouldn't have filed the charges :-k

DemonGeminiX
02-10-2011, 12:49 AM
I'm kinda on the fence about this one.

Didn't the jewelry store give her the necklace?

:-k

Hal-9000
02-10-2011, 01:13 AM
*holding breath for Soggy Bottom Boys* :rolleyes:

DemonGeminiX
02-10-2011, 01:13 AM
:hand:

Breathe. Let me get the facts straight first.

Hal-9000
02-10-2011, 01:14 AM
I imagine there's hard evidence if they're going to prosecute in a high-profile case like this? Video or something?

From what the judge said in the article above (and I do like his no-nonsense approach) , it appears that they have enough to convict.
One would think that if a store employee let her 'borrow' the necklace, that employee would have stepped up already and tried to exonerate her.

DemonGeminiX
02-10-2011, 01:19 AM
I could be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that the store lent the necklace out to her for some function but expected it to be returned. I wasn't sure if they explicitly stated to her that they expected her to return it. I was wondering if there was a miscommunication or something.

People are giving celebs stuff all the time. Sometimes they let them keep the stuff.

But if she leaned over the counter and grabbed the shit while their back was turned... Soggy Bottom Boys coming right up!

Hal-9000
02-10-2011, 01:27 AM
:lol:

Queue them up....

this is usually not a good sign - "Lohan had sent flowers to the store she allegedly stole from, whose owners asked in turn that Lohan be barred from contacting them any further"

Deepsepia
02-10-2011, 05:34 AM
Lindsay Lohan got a good scolding from a judge

Can we just skip ahead to the spanking and the lesbian prison rape . . .