PDA

View Full Version : High School Girl Sent Home, Told That Her 'Too Tight' Pants Will Distract Male Teachers

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2015, 12:09 PM
By Lauren Briggs - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/61PUiJt.jpg

A north England high school that recently banned all skirts sent several girls home on the first day of school for wearing tight pants.

The Daily Mail reports that Trentham High School, in Stoke-on-Trent, England, banned skirts after male teachers complained that they were distracting. According to Dr. Rowena Blencowe, the school's headteacher, male teachers often became embarrassed when they saw girls in skirts "walk up stairs or sit down."

On the first day of class, the school sent 15-year-old Harriet Dale home for wearing slacks that the school deemed to be too tight.

"People were deliberately picked out," Harriet explained. "I was with a girl wearing exactly the same pair of trousers but, because I have slightly larger legs than her, I was told my trousers were too tight and that I had to go home and change.

"It's really uncomfortable to think you could be walking around the corridors and teachers will be looking you up and down. I'm not the only person who feels that way."

Harriet's mother, Helen, sided with her daughter.

"I'm incredibly angry," she said. "I can't believe the school is kicking up a fuss over something so minor. In the last school year it was skirts, now it's trousers.

"Harriet was understandably upset at being picked out within seconds of arriving at school."

Harriet said that the incident has already made her daughter much more self conscious.

"I know I've got slightly bigger legs than some people, it doesn't need pointing out," Harriet said.

Out of the three pairs of slacks she has, Harriet can now only wear one.

"They are part of Next's workwear range, so how are they not suitable for school?" Helen said. "It's beyond belief."

Many schools are enforcing stricter dress codes usually targeted toward female students. The Guardian reports that last year, West Virginia student Mackenzie Granzow went to school with a large sweatshirt and ripped jeans. Since a rip was above her knee, she said administrators threatened to suspend her when she refused to change.

“I understood the rule exists,” she said, “but I believe it’s sexist and unnecessary. I told them that if any middle-aged male teacher couldn’t concentrate on teaching because of my clothing, he’s the problem – not me.”

DemonGeminiX
09-11-2015, 12:20 PM
Maybe those male teachers should show some professionalism and self-control.

HyperV12
09-11-2015, 12:51 PM

Absolutely right! :tup:

Hikari Kisugi
09-11-2015, 01:53 PM
Why on earth would a school bans skirts from their uniform in the first place?
Fucking idiots.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2015, 01:57 PM
The Daily Mail reports that Trentham High School, in Stoke-on-Trent, England, banned skirts after male teachers complained that they were distracting.

What adult male teacher would even admit this to anyone? :-s

Ah, yeah, sorry to bring this up, but all those 16 year old hotties in my classroom wearing skirts are giving me a raging hard on, could we maybe get the skirts banned and make them wear loose fitting pants or something? Thanks a bunch. :)

RBP
09-11-2015, 03:38 PM
I have a hard time buying the argument (excuse the pun) that this has anything to do with lecherous male teachers.

PorkChopSandwiches
09-11-2015, 04:15 PM
whores

Hal-9000
09-11-2015, 04:51 PM
What adult male teacher would even admit this to anyone? :-s

Ah, yeah, sorry to bring this up, but all those 16 year old hotties in my classroom wearing skirts are giving me a raging hard on, could we maybe get the skirts banned and make them wear loose fitting pants or something? Thanks a bunch. :)

Exactly. Do they make the girls stand up and bend over every 10 minutes? No, I imagine they arrive, take a seat and then leave when the class is over.

RBP
09-11-2015, 05:28 PM
This is coming from a FEMALE headmaster.

Hal-9000
09-11-2015, 05:32 PM
"...after male teachers complained that they were distracting."

RBP
09-11-2015, 07:18 PM
Like the others said, that one is high on the list of things that never happened. :lol: