PDA

View Full Version : Mother of the Year Candidate: Georgia Mother Arrested For Cruelty After Children Found Covered In Feces In Street

Teh One Who Knocks
09-12-2015, 12:45 PM
By Jordan Smith - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/Ll0j4XZ.jpg

A Columbus, Georgia, woman was arrested on Sept. 6 following the discovery of her two children, aged 2 and 3, in the street.

Jayleon Williams and Jamari Newsome were reportedly found wearing dirty diapers and covered in feces by neighbors. Several witnesses called police to report their concerns.

“It really scared me because, like I said, there was a car coming down Walnut Street and if it had been my kids in the middle of the road, I just don’t know what I would’ve done,” William Tipton, a witness, told WRBL.

Neighbors helped police officers to clean up the two boys, who were unhurt, the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer reported.

The children were found around 10 a.m. and a search was launched for the mother, Lisa Newsome. She was found at approximately 1 p.m., asleep in her apartment.

Police called Family and Children’s Services, which placed the children in the care of Lisa’s aunt.

It remains unclear how the children managed to get out of their home, Fox Carolina reported.

Newsome faces four charges, including two of second-degree cruelty to children and two counts of reckless conduct. Her bail is set at $10,000.

She is scheduled to appear in court Sept. 10, reports Fox Carolina.

perrhaps
09-12-2015, 08:55 PM
I'm psychic! I guessed her race before I clicked on the thread.