PDA

View Full Version : Your General Movie Observations

DemonGeminiX
09-17-2015, 09:47 AM
Post whatever observation pops in your head about movies, whether they're about movies in general or a specific film.

Have you ever noticed that when there's a box or a bag in a film, and you don't know what's in it, and either a character asks or you ask yourself "What's in the box/bag?", something really fucked up is about to happen?

Hal-9000
09-25-2015, 06:40 PM
I made a similar thread about this once upon a time. I have a lot :thumbsup:

When cars are pulling away from a curb, stopping or put in reverse....no matter how slow the vehicle is going the brakes screech.

Hal-9000
09-25-2015, 06:42 PM
Guy is about to walk onto a burning tight rope across a huge chasm, things are being shot at him, the ground is shaking...and his buddy or girlfriend will inevitably say - Be careful.

:doh:

Hal-9000
09-25-2015, 06:42 PM
More of a thing in American movies...when referring to a truck or a SUV, they will call it a car.

Hal-9000
09-25-2015, 06:43 PM
No one ever gives or gets change during purchases.

Hal-9000
09-25-2015, 06:45 PM
When two characters are going to meet later at a certain time, that certain time is never said and the entire meeting plan is completely vague.

Him - Okay let's get together for dinner tomorrow night.
Her - Sounds good, see you then.
Him - Bye.

or

Guy 1 - I need to see you Thursday night, it's important
Guy 2 - Where?
Guy 1 - The Brooklyn Bridge
Guy 2 - See you then.

DemonGeminiX
09-26-2015, 03:18 AM
Movies and TV: Whenever somebody gets a job, they start immediately and they don't have to fill out the necessary paperwork that people in the real world have to fill out. It's also a very rare occasion that they discuss actual job duties and salary.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-26-2015, 10:40 AM
Movies and TV: Whenever somebody gets a job, they start immediately and they don't have to fill out the necessary paperwork that people in the real world have to fill out. It's also a very rare occasion that they discuss actual job duties and salary.

Yeah, because that would be a SUPER exciting scene to watch in a movie or TV episode :thumbsup:

:slap:

Goofy
09-26-2015, 11:07 AM
Every actor/actress is a professional dancer, their "on the spot" choreography is 100% perfect :lol:

Hal-9000
09-26-2015, 07:52 PM
I can't recall ever seeing a character pull a set of car keys out of a pocket before driving...they are either in hand or in the ignition automatically

Hal-9000
09-26-2015, 07:53 PM
If it's nighttime and the camera tracks a character walking for more than 7 seconds...something really shitty will happen to that character.

Hal-9000
09-26-2015, 08:01 PM
Supernatural entities (vampires, zombies, werewolves, anything undead) all know a form of kick ass kung-fu when fighting.

Hal-9000
09-27-2015, 02:24 AM
It's a tired cliche and still happens in a lot of movies.

Multiple bad guys have automatic weapons and they rain bloody hell on earth towards the hero and can't hit shit. Then the hero takes out an old revolver and makes 6 different lethal shots.

Hal-9000
09-27-2015, 02:29 AM
Broken legs...people in movies use sticks and tape, then carry on moving or walking grimacing occasionally.

I broke my femur in half and was in a wheelchair for a few weeks. I could not lift my own body in and out of bed. Even using crutches four weeks later was a trial and I had very good upper body strength.

You do not walk on a broken leg, tibias (bottom section) or femurs (top section)...

Teh One Who Knocks
10-19-2015, 05:49 PM
This goes for TV shows as well as movies: no matter how vast the area is and there's the fact that you can basically choose an infinite number of directions to go in, if you are running away from someone, they will ALWAYS go the same direction you went even if there isn't even a hint of a trail left behind, and they will overtake and find you.

Hal-9000
10-19-2015, 05:58 PM
People knock on doors/ring the doorbell and wait a very short amount of time (2.5 - 4 seconds) before:

a: knocking or ringing again.
b: determining that no one is home and leaving.

{subsection A}
People inside the dwelling will always answer or open the door within 2.5 - 4 seconds of the knock.

Hal-9000
10-22-2015, 04:19 PM
Noticed this first in British TV shows and then later over here.

If someone grabs another person with their hands, the person being grabbed will shout - Get off me! or Get off of me!

They won't say - Let me go, or Get your hands off of me, or Don't touch me.

To me it sounds like the other person jumped onto their back.