PDA

View Full Version : 'Thrones' star Emilia Clarke uncomfortable with graphic sex, nudity on her show

Teh One Who Knocks
09-18-2015, 11:08 AM
FOX 411

http://i.imgur.com/7vee8BM.jpg

As the star of the ‘sex and dragons’ drama Game Of Thrones, Emilia Clarke has disrobed in the name of her art numerous times, but she has now called for fewer explicit scenes on TV.

‘Sex scenes should be more subtle,’ the 28-year-old tells me at a party in Mayfair.

‘I’m British, so I cringe at that sort of thing anyway — I can’t stand it.’

The businesswoman’s daughter from Berkshire — who has been seen on the show rising naked from a fire and breastfeeding dragons, adds: ‘I don’t want to have sex thrown in my face and I’ve always thought the suggestion is so much more titillating than the act itself.’

Emilia, who plays the exiled princess Daenerys Targaryen, refused to appear in any more topless shots in the drama two years ago, according to her co-star Oona Chaplin, who disclosed that Emilia had told programme bosses she ‘wanted to be known for my acting, not my breasts’.

Emila adds: ‘Most sex scenes you see in films or on TV are gratuitous and they’re usually just to attract an audience.

‘On screen, the subtler the better.’ Nothing like Game Of Thrones then!

Pony
09-18-2015, 11:33 AM
"wanted to be known for my acting, not my breasts"

Too bad your acting sucks, stick with what you're good at.

She will be known as the woman that ruined Game of Thrones. If she doesn't want to appear nude any longer, fine. There is no need to push the writers and directors into eliminating nudity altogether.

deebakes
09-18-2015, 12:03 PM
#freethenipple

redred
09-18-2015, 01:04 PM
:sad2:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-18-2015, 01:13 PM
"wanted to be known for my acting, not my breasts"

Too bad your acting sucks, stick with what you're good at.

She will be known as the woman that ruined Game of Thrones. If she doesn't want to appear nude any longer, fine. There is no need to push the writers and directors into eliminating nudity altogether.

Unfortunately because her character is such a hugely popular part of the show, her whining probably carries some weight with the writers :(

DemonGeminiX
09-18-2015, 01:22 PM
Well, they're not following along with the storyline of the books anymore (because there aren't anymore books and they have to write their own storylines) so they could just kill her off. Maybe the dragons could turn on her in a fit of hunger and eat her.

Hal-9000
09-18-2015, 04:27 PM
must be raise time..