PDA

View Full Version : Texas high school student suspended over American flag T-shirt

Teh One Who Knocks
09-21-2015, 10:52 AM
FOX News

http://i.imgur.com/sERyAr9.jpg

A Texas high school student was punished with in-school suspension last Monday after a teacher discovered he was wearing an American flag T-shirt, FOX 4 reported.

The student, a junior whose name is Jaegur, was wearing the shirt -- which featured an American flag design with an eagle in the foreground -- at Seagoville High School in Dallas when an administrator determined the shirt violated the school dress code.

Jaegur’s mom, Shelly Goode, fears the suspension will show up as a permanent mark on his record, ruining any chance her son can earn a scholarship through the ROTC program.

“He wants to go into the military,” Goode said, according to FOX 4. “He wants to help people, and any bad marks doesn't look good.”

The T-shirt drama unfolded last Monday when a school administrator asked Jaegur to lift his hoodie, Goode said, according to the station.

Jaegur was told his T-shirt violated the school dress code, and he was ordered to in-school suspension. At Seagoville High School, students must wear a solid color shirt; there are exceptions for school or college logo shirts or ones supporting the U.S. military, FOX 4 reported.

The school principal, who was not on campus the day of the T-shirt incident, said the administrator misinterpreted the dress code, and apologized to Goode via phone call on Tuesday.

“The fact that acknowledging it is huge, and the fact that they’re willing to stand by and see mistakes and grow from them, that means a lot,” Goode told The Washington Times.

The principal also told Goode that Jaegur’s in-school suspension will not be listed on his permanent record.

DemonGeminiX
09-21-2015, 02:03 PM
In Texas? Kev, you may want to get a posse up and go take care of the idiots behind this.

redred
09-21-2015, 02:19 PM
Why could stupid name just follow the uniform code ?

DemonGeminiX
09-21-2015, 02:49 PM
The dress code's stupid. You can't wear a t-shirt showing patriotism towards your country while in your country?

#CommieBastards

Teh One Who Knocks
09-21-2015, 02:50 PM
Not to mention that he was wearing it UNDERNEATH his sweatshirt :roll:

DemonGeminiX
09-21-2015, 02:53 PM
#CommieBastardsWithNoRespectForPrivacy

Teh One Who Knocks
09-21-2015, 02:54 PM
Probably should check all the kid's underwear next, boys and girls, and make sure there is nothing with a flag on it.

redred
09-21-2015, 03:36 PM
The dress code's stupid. You can't wear a t-shirt showing patriotism towards your country while in your country?

it may be stupid but it's still a uniform that people should stick by imo, nothing to do with patriotism :shrug:

Not to mention that he was wearing it UNDERNEATH his sweatshirt :roll:

is texas the really hot state ? the one where you may need to take a sweatshirt off if it's really hot :-k

KevinD
09-21-2015, 03:44 PM
Libtardians are alive and well in the cities of Texas. Think Califonia 30 years ago.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-21-2015, 03:46 PM
is texas the really hot state ? the one where you may need to take a sweatshirt off if it's really hot :-k

You do know that Texas isn't located in the Sahara Desert? It gets cold in parts of Texas in the fall/winter. And some people are just naturally cold, it can be 85° (30C) and my g/f will be wearing a sweatshirt.

redred
09-21-2015, 03:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/oEGui5P.jpg

looked fine i would mind that weather :lol:

Jezter
09-22-2015, 10:25 AM
I have never understood dress codes anyway...and why act so very harshly right away as to suspend? Why not just give a warning then and carry on. Why does it always have to go from 0 to 100 without any common sense being used? FFS.