PDA

View Full Version : 92-Year-Old Man Serenades Dying Wife

Teh One Who Knocks
09-24-2015, 11:39 AM
By Lauren Briggs - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/Rq9xtEC.jpg

Some love lasts a lifetime (video below).

In a recent video uploaded by granddaughter Erin Solari, 92-year-old Howard pulls himself out of his wheelchair to sing a love song to his ill wife, 93-year-old Laura, who is in her last days in hospice care.

"Love you ... always have," Laura tells her husband before asking him to "behave" when she is gone.

Howard, who has lost much of his hearing, serenades his wife of 73 years. She is mostly blind and can only see shadows and light, but she is still able to stare into his eyes.

"You'll never know just how much I miss you/You'll never know just how much I care," he sings, stroking her face.

"Isn't he sweet?" Laura says to her granddaughter who records the scene on her phone.

Laura gains a little more energy later in the song and announces, "He likes me!"

While she is too weak to sing, she speaks some of the lyrics of her favorite song.

Howard tears up but continues to sing to the love of his life.

Solari posted the video on her Facebook page on Sept. 12, and Facebook users have viewed it more than 3.6 million times, the Daily Mail reports.

She explained in her YouTube post that, when Howard left to fight in World War II, this was the song that comforted Laura.

"At family gatherings, it was not uncommon for the two of them to sing this song together, each taking a verse and serenading the other," Solari wrote on YouTube, adding that young Laura sounded just like cabaret singer Rosemary Clooney.

Laura eventually gained enough strength that the hospice released her to live out her remaining days at home, Solari said.

"As of this posting my beautiful Grandma Laura Virginia is still with us resting peacefully at home," Solari wrote on Sept. 20. She said that hospice staff continues to take care of her to keep her as pain-free and comfortable as they can while she makes peace during her last days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWPOG_hxkTE