PDA

View Full Version : Guys, Kanye is serious about running for president in 2020

Teh One Who Knocks
09-25-2015, 11:21 AM
Arienne Thompson, USA TODAY

http://i.imgur.com/cfipxTo.jpg

When Kanye West blurted out during his VMAs speech that he was running for president, we all kinda assumed it was a joke, no?

After all, he lives for shock and awe, so why would we take yet another bombastic Kanye rant seriously? Well, apparently, homeboy was not kidding.

At least, that's what he tells Vanity Fair.

"I sit in clubs and I’m like, Wow, I’ve got five years before I go and run for office and I’ve got a lot of research to do, I’ve got a lot of growing up to do. My dad has two masters degrees. My mom has a PhD, she used to work at Operation PUSH. Somehow the more and more creative I get, the closer and closer I get to who I was as a child. When I was a child, I was holding my mom’s hand at Operation PUSH. I think it’s time. Rap is great. It’s fun. It’s fun to be a rock star, and I’ll never not be one I guess, but there’ll be a point where I become my mother’s child. With all the things I’ve done that people would consider to be accomplishments, what’s the point where I become the person that Donda and Raymond West raised? My parents’ child."

Um, OK.

Sooooo, what should we expect from a West presidency? Lots of art -- and a focus on sneakers.

"I have to stay creative. The whole point is to have someone (in office) that’s creative, that’s around amazing creatives. This is my theory: I think the world can be helped through design, so it’s very important that I stay around creative, forward thinkers. It’s very important that I continue to design, to be in practice of trying to make the best decisions possible. I hate politics. I’m not a politician at all. I care about the truth and I just care about human beings. I just want everyone to win, that’s all I can say, and I think we can. . . . I think the words 'dreamer' and 'passionate' diminish my will to execute. Because to be passionate about something or to dream about something does not say that it was executed. So when we talk about second season, it was executed. When we went and had a great season with stores, with Barneys and Luisa Via Roma and all these amazing stores, that was executed. When those Yeezys came out and sold what they did, that was executed. You can have the longest intellectual artistic conversation about anything and it all means nothing without execution."

Speaking of fashion, your future president has some profound wisdom to bless you with on the subject of sweatshirts, so listen up, peasants!

"Sweatshirts are (bleeping) important. That might sound like the funniest quote ever. How can you say all this stuff about running for president in 2020 and then say sweatshirts are important? But they are. Just mark my words. Mark my words like Mark Twain."

We just ... can't anymore.

deebakes
09-25-2015, 11:31 AM
he would probably pull a large percentage of the vote :facepalm:

Hal-9000
09-25-2015, 06:33 PM
that was my fear but someone told me it doesn't work that way...something about the electoral college

I asked how the system worked but PCS just blew me off and left me hanging :sad2:

DemonGeminiX
09-25-2015, 06:38 PM
I think we're not giving people enough credit. People are stupid, but there's no way in hell they'd be that stupid.

Hal-9000
09-25-2015, 06:49 PM
Yes but there are a lot of young people who feel entitled enough to vote...

:lol: that didn't come out right

Goofy
09-25-2015, 06:52 PM
I think we're not giving people enough credit. People are stupid, but there's no way in hell they'd be that stupid.

:-s Donald Trump

Teh One Who Knocks
09-25-2015, 06:56 PM
that was my fear but someone told me it doesn't work that way...something about the electoral college

I asked how the system worked but PCS just blew me off and left me hanging :sad2:

The electoral vote count is based on state population, the more populous the state, the more electoral votes the state has. To win the electoral votes, you need to win the popular vote in the state. For example, California is the most populous state in the country and has 55 electoral votes. If you win the state of California, you get all of it's electoral votes. Same with all the states except Nebraska I believe as they split the electoral votes, but every other states electoral votes are winner take all. It takes 270 electoral votes to become President. So the actual popular vote is still extremely important. The popular vote in each state determines who gets the electoral votes for that state.

Hal-9000
09-25-2015, 07:09 PM
Porky described it differently like it couldn't happen :x

For example if only 2 million people vote in a state and 1.5 million votes are for Kanye, he gets the state electoral vote, right?

There are a lot of 18-30 yr olds that like that guy...just look at his song sales

Teh One Who Knocks
09-25-2015, 07:09 PM
Porky described it differently like it couldn't happen :x

For example if only 2 million people vote in a state and 1.5 million votes are for Kanye, he gets the state electoral vote, right?

There are a lot of 18-30 yr olds that like that guy...just look at his song sales

That is correct, yes. :thumbsup: